Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need some ins info ?

I need some insurance information . I carry a comercial policy on my property that covers me for things like the Pig Gig thats held here . I am now looking at running a Trail truck competition here in the spring .

Talking to my ins carrier i can sit out 50 kegs of beer and party all week and im covered . The fact that it is any form of race kills that coverage . I find that amazing that a herd of drunks dont worry them but a sober driver scares them stupid .

My whole question is this , what company does GL go thru to ins there events ? My company does not do this type of coverage period .

Names of any speciality insuarnce companies that cover this type of event would be apprciated .

If i can not find a way to insure my self against a law suit for a resonable sum then this will become a spring fling with out the competition aspect so that my current policy covers it .

i saw the post and though you ment INS -- Immigration Naturlization services hahah
    KD8HLT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grandman &#064; Dec 22 2006, 04&#58;24 PM) [snapback]20868[/snapback]</div>
    I need some insurance information . I carry a comercial policy on my property that covers me for things like the Pig Gig thats held here . I am now looking at running a Trail truck competition here in the spring .

Talking to my ins carrier i can sit out 50 kegs of beer and party all week and im covered . The fact that it is any form of race kills that coverage . I find that amazing that a herd of drunks dont worry them but a sober driver scares them stupid .

My whole question is this , what company does GL go thru to ins there events ? My company does not do this type of coverage period .

Names of any speciality insuarnce companies that cover this type of event would be apprciated .

If i can not find a way to insure my self against a law suit for a resonable sum then this will become a spring fling with out the competition aspect so that my current policy covers it .
    [/b]
    Hi Marv,
    Paul our Treasurer has the insurance info. He should get on here shortly and give you the lowdown on our policy. I don&#39;t think our&#39;s would cover the beer part though. The &#39;race&#39; thing is a bad, bad four letter word. A better description of your pig gig events might be &#39;vehicle demonstration&#39; or vehicle agility&#39;, or maybe &#39;vehicle safety instruction&#39;. Leave out the dreaded words of &#39;race&#39;, &#39;timed&#39;, &#39;competition&#39;, &#39;speed&#39; or any verbage that would construe a higher speed than normal operation of a vehicle scares the bejesus out of insurance companies.
    If your talking about speed type events, you could be talking about real dollars if the policy could even be written. I know the SCCA has had it tough the last few years trying to scare up an underwriter for the PRO rally&#39;s
    I&#39;m pretty sure if you have a 3M umbrella policy you&#39;d be covered. The vehicles operating on your property should have their own insurance policy to cover their butts too. In any case, the potential lawsuit will ALWAYS fall back on the property owner first. Good to see you looking at the big picture here.
    jim-kb8ymf

Yes i went over this stuff pretty throughly before the first pig gig was allowed to come here . Current policy has no issue of alcohol being consumed . The jeep course is in no way a race or competition so there good with that .

What i want to hold will have very little speed to it at all . It would be more like the TTC with deep mud tight areas , all things to prevent any speed and of course any drinking is at night at the camp fire , not during or prior to runs .

Wording here could play a part as you point out . This is an event to test ablitity and skill not the speed of the rig . Ill make that clear to any potential insurance provider .

They seem to lump " race or competition " as one in the same .

The major difference between this and the jeep course during the gig is the word competition , no surprise i guess that word is going to create a higher risk .

You can also check with Heritage Insurance out of Saginaw. They write Albright Shores policy. They have also been a GL insurer in the past. I cant remember the guys name there but he has an extensive competition and ORV background. He is also responsible for the closing of the Lame Duck area to ORV&#39;s.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Thank you Pat , I had no idea and neither did my insurance guy on where to aquire such a policy .

That fact he helped get the lame duck area up to totally lame dont settle well with me though . Man that was dumb in my opinion .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Dec 22 2006, 08&#58;23 PM) [snapback]20880[/snapback]</div>
    You can also check with Heritage Insurance out of Saginaw. They write Albright Shores policy. They have also been a GL insurer in the past. I cant remember the guys name there but he has an extensive competition and ORV background. He is also responsible for the closing of the Lame Duck area to ORV&#39;s.
    [/b]
    Does Al Weaver sound right?
    jim-kb8ymf

Senior Member Supporting The Sport!

My work uses Heritage for our carrier. Tim Smith is our contact...but I don&#39;t believe thats who Pat talked to in the past.

Ill certainly check with this company but if you think of others please post them as well so i can do some comparison shopping .

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Marv - our current policy was arranged through Geri Lowman, L&G Insurance in Farmington Hills, MI. She is a broker, and handles individual and commercial insurance. The policy she found for us this year saved us several thousand dollars, so I&#39;ll take any chance I can to get a plug in for her:

L&G Insurance
    32969 Hamilton Ct, #202
    PO Box 2836
    Farmington Hills, MI 48334
    248-553-7575

She has been doing this for years and has a knack for finding the right kind of coverage at a decent price. One of the questions that came up in placing our policy was the dreaded "R" word - we must have had to say a dozen different times and ways that we were not hosting "races".
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV