Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Talking up the Christmas Walk

For those of you who have checked out the upcoming Boondocker, I just wanted to talk a little about the Christmas Walk that is advertised on page 21.

My parents have been doing this walk for a few years (this is the 3rd year open to the public). They are avid Christmas memerobilia collectors, and after a few years of private showings, many friends and family members urged them to go public with it.

To give you an idea of what it entails, check out the ad. Most people spend 1-2 hours going through the home on a self-guided tour. There are helpers posted throughout the home to answer questions about the different decorations and the home itself.

On selected nights, Santa (me) is on staff for pictures and visiting with the children. If you plan on bringing the kids, these are the ideal nights to do so.

The collection itself contains hundreds of thousands of pieces, all setup and decorated the way they would have been from the last 200 years. The collection grows each year, with additional purchases, and even gifts from many of the past visitors who have donated heirlooms and decorations to be displayed.

If you are looking for a more quiet and laid back night, the weeknights are the best. We heartily invite you to lounge around, and enjoy yourself. We also serve cookies and the worlds best hot coco.

We have had people come literally from all over the state to this event, and lodging is availble near by.

Many of you have gotten to know me in the last few years as my passion for 4x4's and the outdoors has grown. I have been spilling this interest onto the rest of my family, and they have decided that GLFWDA is a very noble organization, so they have decided to become involved with us whenever possible. Our first step is the paying for this first ad in the Boondocker, hopefully the first of many. Please take the time to come and visit us, and enjoy the holiday in a very unique way. If you have any questions, feel free to email me, call me at 810-614-8038, or post them here. Keith Kodet

Recovered jeep addict on the straight and narrow with Toyotas

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your additional input Keith.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Keith,
    It has become a pleasure to get to know you and you continue to surprise me in a positive way. I had mentioned to Dianne that we should check out the walk & am pretty sure it will happen.

Thanks for the invite.

Jim
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Jim, I greatly hope you are able to make it. It is a lot of fun.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Dec 6 2006, 08&#58;14 AM) [snapback]20443[/snapback]</div>
    Keith,
    It has become a pleasure to get to know you and you continue to surprise me in a positive way. I had mentioned to Dianne that we should check out the walk & am pretty sure it will happen.

Thanks for the invite.

Jim
    [/b]
    I thought the same thing Jim, Kim and I might join you.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Not sure what night you were thinking of, but if it isn&#39;t one with Santa, I could give you a personal tour.

Keith,
    What nights work good for you? Weekdays or weekends?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

I plan on working every night, but I will be in costume for the 15th, 16th, 21st, 22nd, and 23rd. Oftentimes friends and special guests will stay afterwards in the home to sample some of our wine, and sit around the fire in the first floor bar area visiting, which I hope you guys will be able to make time for&#33;

I also am the backup shuttle driver, so one or two nights I may be doing that on an as need basis, but if I know for sure what date you are coming I can make sure I&#39;m on staff in the home.

In answer to your question, if you don&#39;t plan on bringing children with you, weeknights are the best because it is alot less crowded and more quiet. If you want to see me dressed up in my genuine Victorian age St. Nick costume, come on one of the above dates, but please plan to stay after hours so we can visit (after I get back into my street clothes&#33

Also, anyone planning on coming into town early (Jim, Pat, ...?) I would love to hook up for dinner. We have several very nice resturants near by, so if you want to work dinner into your plans let me know.

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As I read this thread, I wish we had a chance to visit; but, unfortunately we will be otherwise engaged in enjoying the splendors of white sand in lieu of white snow during the entire engagement.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; Dec 8 2006, 05&#58;11 AM) [snapback]20506[/snapback]</div>
    As I read this thread, I wish we had a chance to visit; but, unfortunately we will be otherwise engaged in enjoying the splendors of white sand in lieu of white snow during the entire engagement.
    [/b]
    I heard you can donate vacation time........I just happen to be free.........if it will help you......
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics