Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Proposal 1

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grandman &#064; Oct 11 2006, 03&#58;34 PM) [snapback]18763[/snapback]</div>

I dont care if fishing license money goes to trails or vise versa , its still better then recreational money of any type being swipped and put in general funds then spent on really stupid stuff that has nothing to do with recreation .

This attitiude of not getting to gether as " out door enthousiaist " that includes all sports is what kills the leverage to get things done .
    [/b]
    I agree. It looks like/reads like this would compartmentalize the funds, so they can&#39;t even move money in between funds. But if somebody is going to take away ORV Funds, it better at least be for other outdoor activity use.
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

NO BRAINER, PROPOSAL 06-1 ON NOVEMBER BALLOT

By Dick Ranney

Proposal 06-1 on the November ballot is one of the most common sense things brought before the voters in decades. It very simply states, the monies we spend on self imposed taxes in the form of license fee’s, is spent where it was intended.

Proposal 06-1 will constitutionally protect the funds of Game and Fish Protection Fund, Non-game Fish and Wildlife Trust Fund, Forest Recreation Fund, Game and Fish Protection Fund, Recreation Improvement Fund, Recreational Snowmobile Trail Improvement Fund, Snowmobile registration Fee Fund, ORV Trail Improvement Fund, Safety Education Fund, State Park Improvement Fund, Michigan Harbor Development Fund, Marine Safety Fund and the Michigan State Waterways Fund.

Most recently, our Trail Improvement Funds of &#036;4.2 million dollars was at risk. It was through the efforts of D-14 Legislative Division and Michigan Motorcycle Dealers Association, those funds remain in tack and are now being dispersed as intended, to the program. Passage of 06-1 will eliminate forever, the fear of any groups monies being taken to balance the budget or some other brainstorm conjured up in Lansing.

In fiscal year 2002-2003, &#036;7.8 million was “stolen” from the Waterways Fund to balance the states general fund. In the seventies, our ORV funds were “robbed” and never, ever, repaid of a few hundred thousand dollars.

Your “YES” vote on Proposal 06-1 will prevent such atrocities from ever happening again&#33;

ELECTIONS During the past couple of years, we have made some tremendous strides forward by getting our &#036;4.2 headed where it was intended, 25% more trail coming to us (800 miles), some progress on ORV safety training, with more to come.

Facing us in the next session of legislature are many possibilities, county road ordinance’s, fee increases, noise issues, private land use, land closure’s.

It is imperative that we have a strong list of supporters in Legislature. Only YOU can do that. It is your choice who gets elected in the aspects of State Representative, State Senator and Governor.

Let us strongly suggest you study the candidates and do so seriously. Toss away all the fluff, political rhetoric, and glamour ads. Look for the facts; beware of the “shadow of doubt” tactics. Do your best to meet the candidates or at least study what each has to offer and where they stand on ORV use.

Most important, get out and vote&#33; Wear some clothing that identifies you as an ORV user. With 325,000 ORV’s in Michigan, we must have around 500,000 voters associated with those machines. We can make a difference&#33;

THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS DETERMINES THE FUTURE OF OUR SPORT. A citation hurts your wallet, the data collected by our adversaries, hurts us all&#33; Ride smart and enjoy.

Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

More for you to read on it , I will vote yes on it as stated before .

Iv seen this happen to many times where funds are taken from the cause htey were paid for and used else where .

Proposal 06-1 on the November ballot is one of the most common sense things brought before the voters in decades. It very simply states, the monies we spend on self imposed taxes in the form of license fee’s, is spent where it was intended.

Proposal 06-1 will constitutionally protect the funds of Game and Fish Protection Fund, Non-game Fish and Wildlife Trust Fund, Forest Recreation Fund, Game and Fish Protection Fund, Recreation Improvement Fund, Recreational Snowmobile Trail Improvement Fund, Snowmobile registration Fee Fund, ORV Trail Improvement Fund, Safety Education Fund, State Park Improvement Fund, Michigan Harbor Development Fund, Marine Safety Fund and the Michigan State Waterways Fund.

Most recently, our Trail Improvement Funds of &#036;4.2 million dollars was at risk. It was through the efforts of D-14 Legislative Division and Michigan Motorcycle Dealers Association, those funds remain in tack and are now being dispersed as intended, to the program. Passage of 06-1 will eliminate forever, the fear of any groups monies being taken to balance the budget or some other brainstorm conjured up in Lansing.

In fiscal year 2002-2003, &#036;7.8 million was “stolen” from the Waterways Fund to balance the states general fund. In the seventies, our ORV funds were “robbed” and never, ever, repaid of a few hundred thousand dollars.

Your “YES” vote on Proposal 06-1 will prevent such atrocities from ever happening again&#33;

ELECTIONS During the past couple of years, we have made some tremendous strides forward by getting our &#036;4.2 headed where it was intended, 25% more trail coming to us (800 miles), some progress on ORV safety training, with more to come.

Facing us in the next session of legislature are many possibilities, county road ordinance’s, fee increases, noise issues, private land use, land closure’s.

It is imperative that we have a strong list of supporters in Legislature. Only YOU can do that. It is your choice who gets elected in the aspects of State Representative, State Senator and Governor.

Let us strongly suggest you study the candidates and do so seriously. Toss away all the fluff, political rhetoric, and glamour ads. Look for the facts; beware of the “shadow of doubt” tactics. Do your best to meet the candidates or at least study what each has to offer and where they stand on ORV use.

Most important, get out and vote&#33; Wear some clothing that identifies you as an ORV user. With 325,000 ORV’s in Michigan, we must have around 500,000 voters associated with those machines. We can make a difference&#33;

THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS DETERMINES THE FUTURE OF OUR SPORT. A citation hurts your wallet, the data collected by our adversaries, hurts us all&#33; Ride smart and enjoy.
    Join the Club Share the fun&#33;

JerryD

This prop got me thinking of my own involvement. Sure, I vote, but I haven&#39;t supported groups or organizations in a long time. I also feel this type of amendment is overdue. Many of the activity fees people pay in what they THINK supports said activity often goes to a general fund. (Speaking of General Fund spending, take a look at Prop 5, too) Well, in light of what I&#39;ve been witnessing (on this board and in other venues), I finally ponied up and PayPal&#39;d my dues. Used to be a UFWDA member way back, but this is a bit more personal, right? Cheers all.

Just Empty Every Pocket Zookeeper's Avatar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JerryD &#064; Oct 18 2006, 10&#58;39 AM) [snapback]19095[/snapback]</div>
    This prop got me thinking of my own involvement. Sure, I vote, but I haven&#39;t supported groups or organizations in a long time. I also feel this type of amendment is overdue. Many of the activity fees people pay in what they THINK supports said activity often goes to a general fund. (Speaking of General Fund spending, take a look at Prop 5, too) Well, in light of what I&#39;ve been witnessing (on this board and in other venues), I finally ponied up and PayPal&#39;d my dues. Used to be a UFWDA member way back, but this is a bit more personal, right? Cheers all.
    [/b]

Ari Adler
    KD8CXP

2003 lift-challenged TJ that's locked and loaded

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JerryD &#064; Oct 18 2006, 02&#58;39 PM) [snapback]19095[/snapback]</div>
    [/b]
    Wow&#33;
    That&#39;s GREAT&#33;

W E L C O M E &#33;

Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JerryD &#064; Oct 18 2006, 02&#58;39 PM) [snapback]19095[/snapback]</div>
    [/b]
    We are darn glad to have you join the fight to save our sport.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html