Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Proposal 1

Just wondering where GLFWDA stands on Prop 1.

I am just starting my research on this. It seems pretty straight forward but I am guessing there is more here than meets the eye.

From Publius.org.......

PROPOSAL 06-1

HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION Z

A PROPOSED CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO REQUIRE THAT MONEY HELD IN CONSERVATION AND RECREATION FUNDS CAN ONLY BE USED FOR THEIR INTENDED PURPOSES

The proposed constitutional amendment would:

Create a Conservation and Recreation Legacy Fund within the Constitution and establish existing conservation and recreation accounts as components of the fund.

Use current funding sources such as state park entrance and camping fees; snowmobile, ORV and boating registration fees; hunting and fishing license fees; taxes and other revenues to fund accounts.

Establish the current Game and Fish Protection Fund and the Nongame Fish and Wildlife Fund within the Constitution.

Provide that money held in Funds can only be used for specific purposes related to conservation and recreation and cannot be used for any purpose other than those indended.
    Jeff Tull

this coming from a younger generation of wheelers: i dont care one bit, the only place worth going to is the mounds in mt morris michigan and it is a county part that receives money from orv stickers. they have yet to do one thing for any of the user groups in this area. it is still a mud cluster f@#&. it has potential but it never gets the money or support to get anything done.

there is nothing in michigan (aside from when there is 1'+ of snow on it) worth taking a fullsize vehicle on. the second you need 4 wheel drive you are doing something illegal.

i dont like politics therefore i dont care about proposal 1, i spend thousands of dollars a year on trips out of michigan.

Sounds good on the surface but does it exclude the ability to merge all funds into one central account? If so, it allows the fish and wildlife to take all the ORV money and vice versa. Thru some discussion, it appears to be protected by specific group but I would like to see that in writing.

I am a little uncomfortable with a new unknown person who does not fill in their profile or location soliciting political opinions.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Just Empty Every Pocket Zookeeper's Avatar

I offer for your consideration a pamphlet produced by the Senate Fiscal Agency, a nonpartisan arm of the state Legislature.

This document lays out what happens if ballot proposal 1 is adopted. It does not take a position, because that is not the role of the SFA.

Read up on each of this year's proposals and make an informed decision when you vote -- PLEASE.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; Oct 10 2006, 09&#58;13 AM) [snapback]18680[/snapback]</div>
    this coming from a younger generation of wheelers: i dont care one bit, the only place worth going to is the mounds in mt morris michigan and it is a county part that receives money from orv stickers. they have yet to do one thing for any of the user groups in this area. it is still a mud cluster f@#&. it has potential but it never gets the money or support to get anything done.

there is nothing in michigan (aside from when there is 1&#39;+ of snow on it) worth taking a fullsize vehicle on. the second you need 4 wheel drive you are doing something illegal.

i dont like politics therefore i dont care about proposal 1, i spend thousands of dollars a year on trips out of michigan.
    [/b]

Bryce,

That&#39;s the problem. no one in your generation seems to care. Proposal 1 isn&#39;t just about wheeling spots in Michigan. Proposal 2 isn&#39;t just about affirmative action programs. Proposal 5 isn&#39;t just about education funding. Every proposal has consequences -- intended and unintended -- and many of them will affect YOUR future much more than the older generations who do care enough to vote.

I&#39;m not trying to pick on you personally, but if we could convince you and your buddies to get involved, get informed, and get out to vote, we might actually effect some positive change in this state and country. You hold the future in your hands. Consider cultivating it rather than just tossing it away.
    Ari Adler
    KD8CXP

2003 lift-challenged TJ that's locked and loaded

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Am I doing something wrong?

I click the link and a new screen opens that shows a blank page.

Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trail_Fanatic &#064; Oct 10 2006, 06&#58;55 PM) [snapback]18692[/snapback]</div>
    Am I doing something wrong?

I click the link and a new screen opens that shows a blank page.

[/b]
    I just tried it Pat and it works. You need to give it a little time to upload (and if you are on dial up, you need to give it a little more time to upload).
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

i must be really old, i care, and i vote. on paper it seems like a yes vote on prop 1 is good for our sport. at least it seems that way, hard to tell whats right or wrong sometimes.

Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; Oct 10 2006, 07&#58;10 PM) [snapback]18693[/snapback]</div>
    (and if you are on dial up, you need to give it a little more time to upload).
    [/b]
    That must be it (combined with my antique 486 processor).

I ordered a new XPS410 but it won&#39;t ship until Nov. 6th.

I&#39;ll try again.
    Pat Brower

Blog Entries

OK.
    I&#39;d have to say I support it.
    It SOUNDS like it makes it impossable for the DNR to &#39;swipe&#39; money from the various funds for use in the General Fund as they have done in the past.

WE MUST VOTE OUR SPORT.
    YOUNG, OLD, or in between -- no vote = no support&#33;

We&#39;ve seen what that gets us.
    Pat Brower

I agree with that. Yes bryce is right, we DONT have very many places to do anything in michigan in four wheel drive....the mounds, and turtle ridge are about it. however, that doesnt mean that it has to stay that way. we do have to get involved, and then things can change. if nobody gets involved, or cares, then of course it will stay the way that it is, or get WORSE. so we do have to care, and band together to slowly work our way back to wheeling in michigan on challenging terrain. and yes....i know the land isnt quite like tennessee or kentucky, but there are places that could offer good challenging four wheeling, and to get those, we have to care