Thread: washing your vehicle at GG

For those that do not know, you will not get back across the border coming home with a dirty vehicle. The US government does not want foreign mud bringing foreign bugs and plants into the USA. (however, we accept Canada's garbage trucks for a fee )

The owners of BB have asked that WE DO NOT WASH OUR VEHICLES IN OUR CAMPSITES.

In the past, they have provided a power washer in a field to wash our vehicles. When we were there this Labor Day, the power washer did not work well. We can still use the water and can wash by hand but this is tough to get clumps of mud from underneath. (which customs looks for)

I do not recommend using the quarter car wash in town because it can create a muddy mess which is a reflection on ALL OF US.

Some people will be bringing their personal power washers. And if you have one, you may want to bring it. However, you should not expect someone to openly offer their powerwasher to everyone because it will put hours of use on a piece of personal property.

Please be aware of the issues and make some plans to deal with it.

Jim
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Sep 15 2006, 08&#58;41 AM) [snapback]17670[/snapback]</div>
    For those that do not know, you will not get back across the border coming home with a dirty vehicle. The US government does not want foreign mud bringing foreign bugs and plants into the USA. (however, we accept Canada&#39;s garbage trucks for a fee )

The owners of BB have asked that WE DO NOT WASH OUR VEHICLES IN OUR CAMPSITES.

In the past, they have provided a power washer in a field to wash our vehicles. When we were there this Labor Day, the power washer did not work well. We can still use the water and can wash by hand but this is tough to get clumps of mud from underneath. (which customs looks for)

I do not recommend using the quarter car wash in town because it can create a muddy mess which is a reflection on ALL OF US.

Some people will be bringing their personal power washers. And if you have one, you may want to bring it. However, you should not expect someone to openly offer their powerwasher to everyone because it will put hours of use on a piece of personal property.

Please be aware of the issues and make some plans to deal with it.

Jim
    [/b]
    jim, thanks for bringing this issue up. i was wondering if anyone would talk about it. it is a great idea to bring up a power washer...which i will be doing

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Sep 15 2006, 10&#58;19 PM) [snapback]17701[/snapback]</div>
    I will have a bucket and a sponge.....you all are welcome to use them all you want.
    [/b]
    I may need some instruction. Can you show me how a couple of times, one of which includes my vehicle?
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Just thought I would add my border crossing experience. When I came back across the border Labor Day weekend the guy at customs said nice Jeep, did you have fun with in in Canada? Looks like you washed it? We appreciate that. Then he told me that his boss wants him to give people a hard time if they try to come back to muddy.

I use and enclosed trailer , i just need to clean the ends of the jeep , they cant get to the middle :P

I have an electric power washer. Do you know if BB will have power near the &#39;designated washing zone&#39;?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evil_E &#064; Sep 18 2006, 11&#58;45 PM) [snapback]17839[/snapback]</div>
    I have an electric power washer. Do you know if BB will have power near the &#39;designated washing zone&#39;?
    [/b]
    if its the same area as last year the power is about 75-100&#39; away

Ok so.....extension cords then