Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: upcoming DNR meeting, Bills, and public hearings

i no that mio has mixed trail useage to the downtown off of trails to walkers and gas stations ive been on them.lezern also

yogi

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

Originally posted by grandman@Sep 20 2004, 08:27 PM
    All land user must learn to assist each other , we assits quad and bike riders and make it known as best as we can , in return they should assits us on matters concerning full size matters .
    They should... but do they?

I know of several ORV trails that are wide enough to get a Jeep down but we're not supposed to be on because we're over 50" (or whatever the number is now) wide. Would they suppore an effort to allow us to use some these trails?
    Bruce
    Individual member #6774

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member T-way's Avatar

Well, some of us are multiple-users!! I myself also own a quad (and snowmobiles), and I fully support this!!!!

And Marv is right....UNITY is a big factor! I'm not going to wait around to see if "they" will support us! Someone needs to make the first move, and it might as well be US!!
    President - Troll Four Wheelers
    Vice President - ATVOffroad.net
    I'm Still Out There - I Haven't Gone Away!!

Oh No !! Whats this coming to I have to agree with T-way.

I think it benefits us if these communities and businesses realize what money is spent by any off road users.

On a side note I wonder what kind of financial impact the Tree Hugger/Enviro-Nazis have on these towns.
    Steve
    Yj, lift, lockers, Swampers, winch, and Cold AC
    Member TriCity Trailriders

I can't make the meeting on Wednesday evening, but I've already sent my e-mail to the Ogemaw County Clerk clearly stating my SUPPORT of the ORV ordinance!!!

Let's hope that this gets passed!

I you read a post of mine in the mj topic than you read what I said about not going to tonights ATV county road issue meeting in West Branch.

I am also a dual user and support the opening of the shoulders of county roads to ATV traffic. I had intended to go to tonights meeting and represent GL in the support of this effort. However after discussing this subject with Paul Mulder yesterday on our way home from antoher ORV meeting I changed my mind.

When I think of this type of travel I equate it to my experience in Wolverine where my cabin is. Paul opened my eyes to the diffrences between Wolverine and West Branch / St. Helen area. Ogemaw county has a much, much greater population of ATV users, especially on weekends. It is our opinion that this could lead to future issues with the iresponsilbe ATV rider having greater freedoms to give all ORV's an even bigger blackeye. I am sure we will have many more opportunities to lend the other user groups a hand with the GL name attached to it. We were givin that black eye already this week with a fullsize truck being found in the middle of Mud Lake in Ogemaw county.

I have sent an e-mail personally supporting the idea but I did not attach the GL name to it.

Share your thoughts!

Pat
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

I sent my e-mail, but did not attach my affiliation with Great Lakes. I only mentioned the fact that I used my quad EXTENSIVELY on the LEGAL trail system throughout northern Michigan!

SquattingDog

Originally posted by T-way@Sep 21 2004, 11:32 PM
    I can't make the meeting on Wednesday evening, but I've already sent my e-mail to the Ogemaw County Clerk clearly stating my SUPPORT of the ORV ordinance!!!

Let's hope that this gets passed!
    T-Way,
    In your email, how did you reference this ordinance ? What is its official name ?

Since I cannot attend the meeting I would like to send a email as well.

-frank

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

One thing I'm wondering about is what side affect this might have on us as full size users. Doesn't allowing ATV's to ride all forest and county roads pretty much make most ORV routes obsolete since most of them are just roads that ATV's are allowed to use? Would this be a good or bad thing for us?
    Bruce
    Individual member #6774

Ok, now I'm not sure what's going on here......in some threads I can post a reply, in others the forum won't let me use the feature!!!

Frank.....I just referenced the ORV ordinance regarding allowing ORVs to travel to shoulder of the county roads. And I mentioned that I was unable to attend the public meeting scheduled for Sept. 22nd. I'm sure that they can figure it out from there!!

Bruce....NO! The ORV routes run all over!! This ordinance would allow ORVs to travel along the shoulder of county roads to reach the trails, thereby eliminating the need to trailer your quad or bike directly to the trailhead. You could conceivable ride from your campground or motel to the trail, similar to what snowmobilers have been doing in many counties for YEARS. This is already legal for ORVs in some northern counties.