Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Springs for TJ Front

I'm running 3" coils now, RE I think.

What brand springs are the "good ones" now? I had Tera, they sagged 1+" and ProComps broke....

I'm thinking of just longer RE's...maybe 5.5" or 7.5" ones, anyone experience with how the longer springs are holding up?

I'm moving my upper spring perch up X inches and want a longer travel spring in there...

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

I have had a couple of customers with the 5.5" RE coils and they sagged 1" over a couple year period, but then again so do all of them. It is a comprimise really, stiff springs=less saggage, softer springs=more saggage.

I have only installed one set of the RE7.5" coils and the guy did not own the Jeep very long after that so I cant comment on how they held up, I can only assume the same as RE springs are consistant accross the board from my experience.

Give me a call for your best price on RE springs!

989 832 7538
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

I met a guy who was using 5", I think, RockKrawler coils? First thing he said was don't buy them, said they sagged 2" in the front after a week, thats the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid!

I wonder how much if any longer XJ or ZJ coils are....

Lucas

My pics

I happen to have a set of 5.5" ZJ RE coils new in the box out in the stock pile of parts for Roadhouses future ZJ project. Want a measurement? Granted it will be a uncompressed measurement.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Well, I wonder what the front end weights are and spring mount locations compared to a TJ are. I'll have to do some google searching of Pirate first...

Thanks,

Lucas

My pics

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jun 17 2006, 05&#58;28 PM) [snapback]14962[/snapback]</div>
    I happen to have a set of 5.5" ZJ RE coils new in the box out in the stock pile of parts for Roadhouses future ZJ project. Want a measurement? Granted it will be a uncompressed measurement.
    [/b]
    Looks like ZJ coils net another 2-2.5" of lift over a TJ coil. So, if I&#39;m running a 3" lift coil, going to a 5" ZJ lift coil would get me a compressed spring about 7" longer and that would be perfect&#33;

Lucas

My pics

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jun 17 2006, 05&#58;28 PM) [snapback]14962[/snapback]</div>
    [/b]

Actually they are 4.5" coils that sit at 5.5" to 6.5" depending who you talked to.
    I currently have RE 3.5" coils on my ZJ. Been on for a few years. They sat at 4.5" when first installed now they are at 4".
    I&#39;ve never figured out RE coils, they are always taller than the advertised height.

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

i have super lift coils, 4 inch, they are very stiff&#33;&#33; but they are 5 years old and havent sagged hardly at all&#33;&#33; very harsh ride on pavement at street pressure. i wouldnt recommend them, but if you want no sag its an option. perhaps they make a 3.5 to 4.5 inch zj coil?? good luck
    p.s. who built you radius arms, i need a set&#33;&#33; i am about to do a similar swap to what u have?? except 1/2 ton hi pin 44 and 9in. was thinkin heim jointed radius arms, i have the factory arms to start with. thx

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joe_jeep &#064; Jun 29 2006, 09&#58;37 AM) [snapback]15304[/snapback]</div>
    p.s. who built you radius arms, i need a set&#33;&#33; i am about to do a similar swap to what u have?? except 1/2 ton hi pin 44 and 9in. was thinkin heim jointed radius arms, i have the factory arms to start with. thx
    [/b]
    I built my own....stock TJ bushings for the frame and 2x3 1/4" wall tubing for the arms. Extended about 15" past stock length, bent in and up etc... I also use a 1/2 ton HPD44, 3/4 ton outers thou.

I&#39;m going to build another set of arms for it, going to round tube them and bend them up higher and try to tuck them into the inside of the frame rails....maybe the outside....don&#39;t know yet.....I&#39;m still looking to see if anyone makes a "C" only, something I can just create my own, weld what I want to it....

Those Superlift coils....what are you running in the front? 6cyl? Winch?

Lucas

My pics

There is a company that makes the C-only. It was in petersons about a year ago. I think they are availble through broncograveyard.com
    Recovered jeep addict on the straight and narrow with Toyotas