Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: suspension lift

jeepinsl

Does anyone have any experience with using coil spacers for a suspension lift. Here is the description from the person selling it:

They are made from "6061" billit aluminum. The kit comes with four billit aluminum coil spacers and four billit aluminun shock extensions. All mounting hardware included.

Any help would be appreciated.

i have a 2in coil spacer set up on my wifes zj they work fine for putting 31in tires on and she is not offroading it.just a cheap way of rasing your rig.wont flex like bigger springs though.make sure you put longer shocks on also

yogi

most spacers that I have seen are made from poly (wont bother misspelling the rest of it..) so it's interesting to hear that some are billet Al. I wouldn't pay a premium for them, the poly ones get the job done.

I know on leaf sprung vehicles, that people have problems in the past with lift blocks and degree wedges made of Al breaking (but it might not be the same as 6061); but I can't say for certain that it would be a problem on coil springers. But iirc, the 1.5" blocks on the rear of my wag are Al, and I haven't problems and have been running them for a couple of years.

What kinda vehicle are you running? I have three inch metal spacers right now in my TJ. They actually work fine, even though most people wouldn't recommend them. I haven't had any issues with them what so ever. Becca Ann also runs them without issues.
    A new set of shocks can be purchased from Jeeperz Creeperz for like 120 dollars. I would recommend new beefier shocks. It helps the drive a lot. Bec ran stock shocks for a while and it was an awful ride.
    I will be getting rid of my metal spacers soon if you want a set. They are in perfect shape.

jeepinsl

I have a stock 99 TJ that I want to put them on. Just trying to get the most bang for the least buck. Thanks for all of the input. I am new at this. Went to the Mounds last week for my first ever off road experience.

Here's a pic of my jeep on 35s with the spacers

Again though, I would recommend longer shocks.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member T-way's Avatar

Originally posted by kerryann@Sep 16 2004, 02:47 PM
    Here's a pic of my jeep on 35s with the spacers

Again though, I would recommend longer shocks.
    Further proof that, even when faced with a challenging obstacle, ladies will stop to talk to a guy wearing camo!!!!
    President - Troll Four Wheelers
    Vice President - ATVOffroad.net
    I'm Still Out There - I Haven't Gone Away!!

Wink

Just remember that I almost ran you over right after this picture :P

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member T-way's Avatar

Originally posted by kerryann@Sep 16 2004, 08:25 PM
    Just remember that I almost ran you over right after this picture :P
    Was it something I said.........

or the fact that this was the first time you had done any "real" wheeling (other than The Mounds)????.......................

or just because you're a woman driver?????

(Oh man am I gonna get clobbered for that last one!!&#33
    :P
    President - Troll Four Wheelers
    Vice President - ATVOffroad.net
    I'm Still Out There - I Haven't Gone Away!!

Exclamation

I think it was because I had a really bad spotter.. :o