Thread: 1981 Malibu full drag car-rally car? Price Reduced

Years ago before I was into trucks I built alot of cars. This one is still sitting in the weeds behind my barn and it really needs a good home. It is a 1981 Chevy Malibu ex-drug running car. I bought is stock with a V6 and an automatic, but I converted it to a 350 4-speed car (the g-body clutch pedal and linkage is worth $400 alone on ebay). It has a full S&W rollcage, an edelbrock tunnel ram dual quad intake with two 450 holleys. Mallory ignition, hi-torque mini starter, hedman headers, flowmaster mufflers, S-10 manual steering box, bare bones interior, basically anything not needed was tossed for weight. two inch spring spacer rear to clear approx 14 inch wide hoosier slicks that are in trunk on steel wheels. Trans is a saginaw 4-speed hooked to a vintage corvette shifter. Frame is mint, body has lots of little dents and and a really bad paint job, but it is solid. Now the bad. The motor has no compression in one cylinder. It has not been fired up in about 4 years so I don't know if she'll even run.

Personally, I think the car could still be some fun. I've thought of swapping in a 305 or 4.3 V6 and some stiffer front springs to run it in the 5.0 class of rally cars. Anyhow, I'll sell the whole thing as is for $1,800 or $500 without the drivetrain and attached components (you can have the driveshaft and rear axle). I am open to offers and trades. It's best to call me at 810-614-8038 if you are interested.
    Recovered jeep addict on the straight and narrow with Toyotas

Still looking to get rid of this thing.
    Recovered jeep addict on the straight and narrow with Toyotas