Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: timberwolf campground to be orv park?

does anyone know if there is any truth to this? on their website it does say that the campground will be closed...\

http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/timberwolf.htm

http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtop...p?p=55978#55978

ganz

I live on frances rd a couple of miles away. It has been closed for a couple of years now. I was told by someone in another campgound on mt morris rd (cant remember the name of it) that it was closed because of water damage a few years ago. the county didnt have the money in the budget to repair what was needed. so they just shut it down. Its not really that big inside. lots of water holes and small hills. best I remember.
    Ganz

Does JM know anyone to call?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 11 2006, 11&#58;27 AM) [snapback]13942[/snapback]</div>
    Does JM know anyone to call?
    [/b]
    Will have an answer shortly.
    j-kb8ymf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ganz &#064; May 11 2006, 09&#58;13 AM) [snapback]13938[/snapback]</div>
    I live on frances rd a couple of miles away. It has been closed for a couple of years now. I was told by someone in another campgound on mt morris rd (cant remember the name of it) that it was closed because of water damage a few years ago. the county didnt have the money in the budget to repair what was needed. so they just shut it down. Its not really that big inside. lots of water holes and small hills. best I remember.
    Ganz
    [/b]

yes wolverine campground is open, and timberwolf has been closed since like 02&#39;

Timberwolf Campground to be developed into an ORV park.....
    The short answer is NO, The long answers is also NO.
    The rumour mill is at it again.
    The Director even had a laugh out of the whole thing. There is no plan, now or in the future to develop Timberwolf Campground or any other additional facility within Genesee Co into another ORV park, peroid&#33;

The campground WILL NOT open this year, especially with the the budget renewal later this year coming up for a vote. It is in need of vast amount of repair and the amount of traffic that campground saw didn&#39;t warrant keeping it open.

The reality is that the Mounds ORV park, as much as it can stand on it&#39;s own two feet from a budget standpoint will most likely get hit with layoffs and most likely close if the renewal doesn&#39;t pass, as will all the facilities within Genesee Co. Parks.

jim-kb8ymf

Senior Member Supporting The Sport!

The reality is that the Mounds ORV park, as much as it can stand on it&#39;s own two feet from a budget standpoint will most likely get hit with layoffs and most likely close if the renewal doesn&#39;t pass, as will all the facilities within Genesee Co. Parks.

jim-kb8ymf
    [/b]

stupid idea here.....but considering we are required to have an ORV to wheel the mounds, and that money goes to the DNR..............anyone think the DNR could take over or purchase the mounds if it closes?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; May 11 2006, 09&#58;18 PM) [snapback]13967[/snapback]</div>

stupid idea here.....but considering we are required to have an ORV to wheel the mounds, and that money goes to the DNR..............anyone think the DNR could take over or purchase the mounds if it closes?
    [/b]
    another stupid random thought: if it would be possible the park wouldnt be worth going to anymore because it would all be illegal and closed because the dnr......... (fill in your own colorful ending here):thumb-up:

i appologize for any miss information i was given or lead to be true

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; May 11 2006, 09&#58;18 PM) [snapback]13967[/snapback]</div>
    [/b]

Good point, in fact the boat launches in Genesee County were built with state money. One of the stipulations is that they are to be open 24/7. If the Co. park system closes, will the state mandate that Genesee Co. keep the boat launches open? Now take that one step further, WE, ORV sticker buyers, have been funneling money into the Mounds for years. If the County runs out of money, will the state direct the County keep the park open? Because that have been the chief financer of the facility for over a decade.
    A lot of unknowns at this time. Stay tuned for what I find out next week when the Mounds Advisory Board does a walk through to assess what needs to be repaired, fixed, closed, altered or modified for 2006.
    jim-kb8ymf