Thread: Summer 2018 Quarterly Membership Meeting

Default Summer 2018 Quarterly Membership Meeting

Hey Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Members!

If you didn't make it you missed a really good quarterly membership meeting!!!

After a great breakfast served up by Elwood's Restaurant and provided by the What Lies Beyond club we kicked the meeting off! Thanks to the What Lies Beyond club for their hospitality!

From 25,000 feet, here's a quick overview of the major items addressed & discussed!

Jim Kitson discussed the Oakland County ORV Park's progress at length, and indicated that they are at the point where volunteers will be needed periodically throughout the summer. These will be work sessions, not 'bring your rig & play' sessions! Jim shared that the tentative park opening is mid-2019. Stay tuned to the FB page and/or the website for details & opportunities!

Membership communication and better utilization of our website and Facebook Were also discussed at length. We formed a small committee to address these issues. Briefly, the discussion focused on:
    > Low website traffic
    > Facebook is valuable - much/most of our cyber traffic is via Facebook
    > E-mail communication; we are looking at some ways to significantly improve /enhance our e-mail communication with members

Bob Miller of the Land Use Committee reported the following:
    > NOHVCC Conference in August
    > Consumers Power Co. Trail Leases
    > Drummond Island trail improvements

We also reviewed the GLFWDA policies and procedures election of officers and the filling of vacant positions. Elections are held at the fall quarterly membership meeting (our next membership meeting!) We will be electing a treasurer and president at that meeting.

Upcoming events:
    > S&B Jeep Fest - July 21
    > NOHVCC Conference - August 13-18
    > Jeep Creep - October 26-28

And we STILL need volunteers for the Boondocker Editor and Trail Maintenance Coordinator! I'll urge someone (!) along this way: We're a volunteer organization and we need a couple volunteers!

Mike Olmstead
    President - GLFWDA
    '78 CJ7, AMC 360, T18, Dana 20 w/Tera Low gears, Locked Dana 44's F&R, AJ's Tub, Matkin frame.

Thanks Mike.

As part of the communication committee, I would appreciate it that those who read Mike's post above, reply with a comment of either:

Please keep these postings on our website........... or..............
    I don't need them on our website, I will read them on Facebook........... or............
    I don't need them on our website, I will wait for the Boondocker

Thanks
    Jim
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

To date 295 views and no replies.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Thanks for the update, Please keep these postings on our website!!!!

I see them sometimes on FB, but stuff on there gets buried so fast if people are not constantly liking or posting about it.

Please keep postings and updates on website, I don’t have, nor will ever have a fb account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

What FSUMotorhead said
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Please keep the postings on the website. While I have facebook it gets to cluttered and difficult to find important stuff. I always come here to get information as to what is going on with GLFWDA.

Oh and since we can't rely on getting the Boondocker I can't wait for it to show up there.

../|. ,[______],
    |---L =O|||||||O
    ()_) .()_)--~---)_)

Keep the updates coming!
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics