Thread: New Land Use Committee Chairperson!

Default New Land Use Committee Chairperson!

We have a new Land Use Committee Chairperson!

Bob Miller is the new LUC Chairperson. He comes to us with a broad base of full-size 4x4 knowledge & experience dating back to 1975 when he acquired his first Jeep - 1969 Kaiser-Jeep CJ5 with 225ci V-6.

Bob came to us earlier this year. In his own words:
    "Early in 2018, I found an opportunity to contribute to our off-roading interests in an issue of the GLFWDA publication “The Boon-Docker” in which there was an article soliciting volunteers to help on the Land Use Committee. So, shot an e-mail to Mike O. & Mike W. and got involved because I was missing something by being a hermit from the off-road community and needed to get involved again. I still don’t like mud... but they accepted my application anyway."

Bob has been very active in Land Use issues and matters since coming aboard, and needless to say it is much appreciated!

Bob has wheeled from Moab (where he was a Jeep Jamboree trail guide!), to Colorado, to Michigan, and places in between!

Bob is also active MilitaryJeepers.com. He helped to found one of the physical chapters, “Military Jeepers of Colorado Springs” which sponsors several off road and Jeep events each year to help raise money for charitable causes.

And it goes without saying a big 'Thank You!" to Mike Wade for his time as the chairperson - he stepped up when no one else did and carried the ball well during his tenure.

Looking forward, Bob can't do this job alone - each member club has to get involved with Land Use issues at their respective local level, work with Bob and the Association to ensure that we're keeping our trails open, and maybe even developing new ones!
    Thanks Bob, thank you again for stepping in!

Mike Olmstead
    President - GLFWDA
    '78 CJ7, AMC 360, T18, Dana 20 w/Tera Low gears, Locked Dana 44's F&R, AJ's Tub, Matkin frame.

Bob,
    Welcome aboard and thank you for stepping up.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome Bob! I look forward to working with you.
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

Bob, Thank you for your willingness to HELP
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS