Thread: Hey There!

Default Hey There!

New to the area (Onekama area) after recently relocating from Northern NV. Looking forward to meeting some people, volunteering, and learning the trails. I prefer fun challenging trails, camping, and exploring ("overlanding") to extreme rock crawling since my rigs have now become "classics" lol. I'm used to the open high desert and mountains with access to all the BLM and USFS land and trails you can imagine so this has been a big adjustment not to mention the margarita machines on the backs of all the plow trucks in MI, they use sand back West, works just fine and your rig doesn't melt away.

I'm somewhat familiar with the land use issues and trail closure tactics of the anti-wheelers from back West and imagine it's the same here so that is another reason I've joined, strength in organized numbers.

There's a definite need for organizations like GLFWA and looking forward to helping out where I can,

B.J.
    72 Bronco (Pepe)
    60 Willys pick-up (Klinger)
    13 Toyota Tundra TRD (Bronson)

Welcome. It's sad to say that our site has been pretty dormant. It seems that social media has changed in the past few years and it's hard to hook up with people. The core group of GLFWDA are a hard working bunch but you won't really see it posted.

Welcome to Michigan. There isn't any rock crawling in the lower peninsula other than in park settings. Check out
    The Mounds (county run)
    Rocks & Valleys (private)
    Bundy Hill (private)
    St Helen Motorsport area (state run scramble area)
    Silver Lake Sand dunes. (state run scramble area) (also the only open dunes east of the Mississippi)
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Thanks for the info. Hoping to make it to the next meeting and Snowfari.

FYI, Snofari is a closed event with preregistration only. It's not a "just show up" event. Sorry.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.