Thread: Time to poop or get off the pot

Default Time to poop or get off the pot

For those of you that have shown interest in the Oakland County ORV park, now's the time. Many people have said "let me know how I can help". Well, we did that last month for the Oakland County Board of Commissioner's meeting and we had a whopping 25 people show up. LAME (and many thanks to those of you that did) But for those that didn't, we need your help.

On Wednesday December 6, 2017 @ 1:00 pm, there is a Parks Commission meeting. At this meeting, they will be discussing and hopefully voting to move forward with discussions with the MDNR. Realize what this means....... at this time, they have not even decided if they want to participate in an ORV park. They have had lots of discussions and meetings but have NEVER officially gotten on board.

So, this is one of the meetings we need to FLOOD with people and we need YOU!

Now for those of you that will say that you work during the day, I ask you how important is this ORV park to YOU?

Have you ever taken a half day off to leave early to head north for the weekend?
    Have you ever taken a half day off to get out on the lake?
    Have you ever taken a half day off to go golfing?
    Have you ever taken a half day off to do some chores at home?
    Have you ever taken a half day off to get out on the slopes?
    The list is endless but the point is, if YOU WANT IT, and IT'S IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO YOU, YOU HAVE MADE THE TIME.

So, I'm calling you guys out, do you want this or not and are you really willing to go the extra mile? PLEASE make the effort to show up and ask your wheeling friends to make the effort. My goal is to have so many people show up that the parking lot is packed and there are people standing outside in the lobby.

THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO HELP!

Now that you have made the commitment to attend, please plan to speak during the public comment. This happens at the beginning of the meeting. You don't have to say anything other than "I support the ORV park" or "I agree with him" or whatever. What is important is this; STATE YOUR NAME AND WHERE YOU ARE FROM
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

Jim can you provide an address for those who are not familiar where this meeting is held?
    If I overlooked that information, I am sorry for a duplicate request.

Doug
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Waterford Oaks: 2800 Watkins Lake Rd, Waterford MI 48328
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

Thanks
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Update.
    I received a phone call today from Dan Stencil, head of Oakland County Parks. He informed me of a couple things. They have learned thru social media that we "hopefully" have a large group coming. They have moved the meeting place across the parking lot to a larger meeting room. Therefore, it's more important than ever to fill it up. They will also have people directing traffic.

Next, they have changed the meeting agenda. Normal protocol has public comment at the beginning of a meeting and then move on to normal agenda items. Originally, the ORV park was item #7. The new format for this meeting will be 1) allow public comment for everything BUT the ORV topic.

AFTER the public comment for non ORV stuff, they will then move on to public comment for the ORV area. They also moved the ORV up from agenda item #7 to item #1. This will allow those only interested in the ORV park to not need to sit through the entire meeting. Also, the DNR will be speaking about the park. All good news!

He also made mention to me that they understand why everyone is there and it's not necessary for everyone to speak. I get that they don't want 100 people speaking, but I must remind you, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD. So, if you want to speak, don't be intimidated. Again, it's important for them to know your name and where you are from.

See you next week!
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

I was fortunate enough to be able to cut my work trip short next week so I can be in town. I'm going to make it up there for the meeting.

I need to get some miles on a truck at work, so.... stupid question, is there somewhere to park a 5 axle dump truck?

In the parking lot???
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    In the parking lot???
    That or within walking distance. If I can put 100 miles on this truck, I won't have to take a half day off, I'd be work related!

I'll most likely just bring my car, but I'm having a hard time fitting all my **** into next week.