Thread: d.o.a. membership announcment

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

Default d.o.a. membership announcment

I don't see an announcement on our website, to our membership, about doa registration. This is a glfwda sanctioned event. glfwda insures it.

why was registration not announced to our members on our website?

I think it was mainly (only?) Promoted via Facebook. I had to join Facebook a few months back for the same reason, missing out on events I was waiting to be posted! It was posted very prominently on social media.

I hope to help with this issue in the next few months. I will attempt to keep the website updated with coming events, etc.

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

Senior Member GLFWDA Member Ms.ZJ's Avatar

I can only speak in my own defense.
    With all the things I do during a week for the association (an average of 20 hours a week. Down 10 hours from last year), it simply never occurred to me that this should be shared here. Sharing on FB was easy, it was in your face and shared with a click.
    ...which I did do.
    Posting here is a bit more involved, and to be posted to the home page...above my skill set. I'm certain that if asked our webmaster would have done that with ease and in just a couple of minutes. Did anyone ask the webmaster or anyone else to post it?
    Quite the Conundrum

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

I don't know why I could not see it on the facebook timeline.
    My settings must have been wrong?
    I'm sure it was my fault!

I have no issue with using Facebook instead of glfwda.org.
    What ever gets the most traffic should b used.
    That's facebook nowdays.
    I use Facebook messenger alot, but I don't use Facebook that much.
    I need to Check it, and here more often.

As long as it's announced to the membership, I got no beef.

I know u all work hard for glfwda.
    Thank you!
    Sorry for the hassle

Maybe this has already been done but shouldn't there be a formal "official" location where events and issues are posted? It used to be the Boondocker, then seemed to go to the .org website and now people are using facebook because it's easy. But, is Facebook our "official" means of communication?

I'd like to know.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Personally I feel official announcements should happen on this forum or the web site. Not everyone has or wants to be on Facebook and I don't blame them. I have thought many times about dropping my Facebook account. Seems that I spend more time on there blocking people than reading content. Just my .02.

../|. ,[______],
    |---L =O|||||||O
    ()_) .()_)--~---)_)

Senior Member GLFWDA Member Ms.ZJ's Avatar

Our official means of communication is our news letter, the Boondocker, however, for various reasons event information hasn't been made available for publishing by the editing deadline. I always include event information available to me in the letter sent with each membership renewal and new membership, again, I don't always have information for every event. All of the above are then also posted to facebook and shared dozens of times by our followers.

The problem here is getting clubs and associates to pass event information on to us (in a timely manner) so we can get the information to our members via the means mentioned above.
    Quite the Conundrum

Personally I don't think Facebook is the place to "officially" post events. It should be here where detailed discussions can happen and be monitored by our EBOD and administrators. I have seen things posted on facebook that I can't go back and find even after a day, let alone weeks.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    Personally I don't think Facebook is the place to "officially" post events. It should be here where detailed discussions can happen and be monitored by our EBOD and administrators. I have seen things posted on facebook that I can't go back and find even after a day, let alone weeks.
    I agree