Thread: 2017 Drummond Island Trail Cleanup Event!

Default 2017 Drummond Island Trail Cleanup Event!

Awesome weekend up on Drummond Island!

I was up there for some Jeep Jamboree prep work earlier, and then particiapted in the Drummond Island Off Road Club's trail clean up! There was well over 50 folk up there riding in at least 35-40 vehicles ranging from ATVs to side-by-sides to Jeeps and other full size 4x4s!

We hit a half dozen areas on the ORV route that were in need of serious brushing.

I personally had a chance to connect with new people with a like passion for the trails and managing them appropriately.

Hats off and many thanks to the Trailhead campground/ restaraunt for sponsoring the event, as well as the Drummond Island Off Road Club (DIORC) and the Drummond Island Tourist Association (DITA)!

Mike Olmstead
    President - GLFWDA
    '78 CJ7, AMC 360, T18, Dana 20 w/Tera Low gears, Locked Dana 44's F&R, AJ's Tub, Matkin frame.

Mike, thank you for all your effort with the association!!!!! A few of us from what lies beyond jeep club are planning a little trip to Drummond next weekend June 8-10. I haven't been to the island since 1997 or 1998 and am excited to visit again but I'm sure much has changed. Are there a few businesses that "support the sport" that we should make sure we stop at? We will probably ride state routes on Friday and the turtle ridge park on Saturday, any better trails to go or places to avoid? We have some gpx files from mi-DNR but are there any other or better route maps available? Good place to get firewood, I think there was a mill we were able to get scraps from years ago... anybody shot clays at the cedars? Knowing the jamboree is the following weekend, anything we could do to help check trail conditions and report to anybody? Anybody we should contact when we get to the island? Anything you or anybody can offer would be appreciated!!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

The Two Trackers are going to be on the island from Thursday to Sunday running the trails and Turtle ridge. We should have a pretty good sized group. Most everyone is staying at Wa Wen .

../|. ,[______],
    |---L =O|||||||O
    ()_) .()_)--~---)_)