Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Moderators

Senior Member Supporting The Sport!

Originally posted by WhiteRhino@Sep 11 2004, 08:48 PM
    I was thinking about this and wonder:
    Isn't this something that should be handled by the board or a board appointee?

Nothing against Bruce.......... just thinking about protocol.
    I dont know why....hes not making rules or changing the way GL runs. Just making sure we don't call each other names and swear on the board.

Besides I'm not sure the word Website is even in the By laws.

Roadhouse, what you say is true.
    It seems as though everyone thinks I have something against Bruce. Not so!!

However, GL operates under the guidance of Roberts Rules. And, Frank is appointed by the board or the president. (not sure how it came about exactly) Any committee, either by rules or courtesy, should consult their board for things that are ultimately a reflection on GL. Not to slow up the process or burden them with too much extra stuff, but to get their opinion. They must be kept in the loop. Keep in mind, they volunteered for the position. And Pat is always saying to call him for any GL issue.

So........................... and I mean sooooo...............
    All I was suggesting when this first came up was........................

Did anyone run this by Pat or any part of the board to get their opinion.

Keep in mind, if something goofy happens, it still becomes a reflection on GL as a whole. I think it would be really sad that if someone were to get moderated for something they thought was appropriate, called our pres to complain and he was not even aware that someone had moderation authority.

As PeteC said, "let the board set some guide lines". All I was asking was if anyone consulted the board for any guidelines.

Even Bruce said that he was thinking about the same thing.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Senior Member Supporting The Sport!

Originally posted by WhiteRhino@Sep 22 2004, 09:24 PM

Jim you should......we all have something agianst Bruce, who let him in here anyway?

Jim you should......we all have something agianst Bruce, who let him in here anyway? [/quote]
    There's something we all agree on!!
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

Originally posted by WhiteRhino@Sep 22 2004, 05:24 PM

However, GL operates under the guidance of Roberts Rules. And, Frank is appointed by the board or the president. (not sure how it came about exactly) Any committee, either by rules or courtesy, should consult their board for things that are ultimately a reflection on GL. Not to slow up the process or burden them with too much extra stuff, but to get their opinion. They must be kept in the loop. Keep in mind, they volunteered for the position. And Pat is always saying to call him for any GL issue.

So........................... and I mean sooooo...............
    All I was suggesting when this first came up was........................

Did anyone run this by Pat or any part of the board to get their opinion.

Keep in mind, if something goofy happens, it still becomes a reflection on GL as a whole. I think it would be really sad that if someone were to get moderated for something they thought was appropriate, called our pres to complain and he was not even aware that someone had moderation authority.

As PeteC said, "let the board set some guide lines". All I was asking was if anyone consulted the board for any guidelines.

Even Bruce said that he was thinking about the same thing.
    I totally agree with you. I don't have anything against me either but don't want to be put into a position of doing things against the boards wishes.

And like I said before, I think this really touches on a larger issue that probably should be discussed, that is, What are the guidelines for allowing people in elected and appointed positions to delegate parts of thier jobs to other GLFWDA members.
    Bruce
    Individual member #6774