Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Local Clubs and trails?

  1. #1

    Default Local Clubs and trails?

    I just got a Jeep this week, and wondering about clubs local to Coldwater, MI or Kalamazoo, MI. (I am in Kalamazoo area on weekends).. also wondering about 2 tracks in those areas, and anything needed (ORV sticker!?) to use them with a street legal Jeep? Thanks

  2. #2
    AM/Membership Secretary GLFWDA Member Ms.ZJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Muskegon, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Welcome, and congratulations on the new Jeep!

    Contact Mike Elston (Membership director) at Sundowners 4X4
    http://sundowners4x4.org
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/163738...ty&ref=m_notif
    Sundowners is a very active family oriented group of offroaders based in Kalamazoo.
    Quite the Conundrum

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tvandmoviecars View Post
    I just got a Jeep this week, and wondering about clubs local to Coldwater, MI or Kalamazoo, MI. (I am in Kalamazoo area on weekends).. also wondering about 2 tracks in those areas, and anything needed (ORV sticker!?) to use them with a street legal Jeep? Thanks
    Welcome to the family. Come check out Sundowners 4x4 in Kalamazoo. We have a meeting tonight at 7pm https://goo.gl/VGQwwm we also have a Meet and Greet at Latitude 42 next wednesday. https://www.facebook.com/events/1676992062575848/

    As for two tracks. Allegan Forest is our go-to spot for some nice trails. there are plenty of un-plowed seasonal trails. We have a club run up there on January 31st if you would like to tag along.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisSaysOtherwise View Post
    Welcome to the family. Come check out Sundowners 4x4 in Kalamazoo. We have a meeting tonight at 7pm https://goo.gl/VGQwwm we also have a Meet and Greet at Latitude 42 next wednesday. https://www.facebook.com/events/1676992062575848/

    As for two tracks. Allegan Forest is our go-to spot for some nice trails. there are plenty of un-plowed seasonal trails. We have a club run up there on January 31st if you would like to tag along.
    thaks for the links guys.. I will check them out. Not sure about wednesday meetings, as I live in Coldwater, and go to the Paw Paw area on the weekends. My Jeep is bone stock, not sure how it will do on unplowed winter trails... I have a winch you can put on a trailer ball/hitch but that is it (From when I had a classic car, to load it on the tow dolly.) Eventually I want to add some mild extras onto it.. like the roof lights, a winch, and larger tires.. although not sure how big you can go without lifting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeep3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	1271
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeep2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	1272

  5. #5

    Default

    And I know it isnt a Wrangler, but it is NOT a Barbie Jeep!<LOL> It is my daily driver and I do a LOT of road miles, and highway miles... so that is it's MAIN purpose... but I still want to have some mild fun. My cousin/cousins might be members of the club... Machells and Ramlows.

  6. #6

    Default

    No issue in Allegan at all. We plan on having several jeeps some stock, some modified. Plenty of winches and tow straps to pull you out.

    The best first upgrade you can do to your stock jeep is add tow hooks if you don't already have them. For the back it could be as simple as a receiver hitch with a shackle. For the front, it depends on your bumper for how easy it is to add hooks, and probably how much cutting you want to do if you do not go with the factory options.

  7. #7

    Default

    We have everything and all 4x4's are welcome. Jeeps, Toyota's, Hummers, Military 2.5 Ton transports, RZRs!
    I just saw the Ramlow's this past weekend at our Holiday Party!
    Last edited by ThisSaysOtherwise; January 14th, 2016 at 05:05 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisSaysOtherwise View Post
    We have everything and all 4x4's are welcome. Jeeps, Toyota's, Hummers, Military 2.5 Ton transports, RZRs!
    I just saw the Ramlow's this past weekend at our Holiday Party!
    Angee is my little cousin.... her sister has a Jeep also. I have been in the car hobby for years, but it was classic cars and TV Cars... figured I wanted a change.. although I still have some of my classics... Figure modern cars will give me less headaches!<LOL>

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tvandmoviecars View Post
    Angee is my little cousin.... her sister has a Jeep also. I have been in the car hobby for years, but it was classic cars and TV Cars... figured I wanted a change.. although I still have some of my classics... Figure modern cars will give me less headaches!<LOL>
    ok, angee replied to a facebook post asking about your club.. I thought she was a member, but guess it is different Ramlows.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisSaysOtherwise View Post
    No issue in Allegan at all. We plan on having several jeeps some stock, some modified. Plenty of winches and tow straps to pull you out.

    The best first upgrade you can do to your stock jeep is add tow hooks if you don't already have them. For the back it could be as simple as a receiver hitch with a shackle. For the front, it depends on your bumper for how easy it is to add hooks, and probably how much cutting you want to do if you do not go with the factory options.
    I do not want to do any cutting. I found a Winch holder and a Hookable link that can be installed in the reciever hitch for the back.. will probably get both... and see if my winch can be installed on the holder. Also have an emergency bag I should add to this car, that includes a tow strap.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
respective-triangle
respective-triangle
respective-triangle
respective-triangle