Thread: EBoD Date!!

Default EBoD Date!!

Hey Great Lakers!!

Update from the Exec Board of Directors meeting from Thursday 11/19!

My apologies for the tardiness, but, FOR the record (!) I was about one and a half sentences from having this done on Thursday night last when my laptop locked up and I lost it all! Oh F... er, fooey!!!!

So here I am in North Carolina on Saturday 11/21 where it was sunny & 60 today,and still +50!! And Im finally catching up. Yup!!! I know what's happening up there, and I'm glad it's there and not here!!! LOL!!

First I want to wish all the GLFWDA whitetail deer hunters luck and share my prayers for their safety! And for a number of you, the trails we use for deer hunting are the same trails we use for recreational trail riding. Keep that in mind when you bump into, meet, encounter non-recreational trail users when you're hunting. Those guys and gals represent a huge resource for us to maintain our trails.

And of course travel blessings to all of the members traveling for the Thanksgiving weekend!!

OK! Onward with the update!!!

As everyone knows, this is definitely the 'slow' time of the year for us!! Deer season, holidays, and just the end of the 'outdoor recreation' season says we're ready for a break!!

With that said however, your GLFWDA EBoD is still at work keeping things moving for the Association and the sport!

And with that said heres a quick update from our 11/19 EBoD meeting!!

First, we will be doing our 2016 Winter Membership Quarterly Meeting on 1/29/16 at the Quality Inn at West Branch in conjunction with the SnoFari event!! Get your reservations in, I believe there are still openings!

Dave Smith, Treasurer, reported a healthy balance sheet; largest recent expense for restocking the Great Lakes store (hear that? Need anything let us know!), and we anticipate the trail maintenance grant funds in the next month, which of course will be disbursed to member clubs.

Membership Secretary Michelle Borgeson reported 421 members, and a new Associate Member, Ramada Inn of Grayling!! Outstanding!!

The Land Use Committee and Trail Ride Committee chairs, Bob Devore and Jim Rutkofske both reported virtually the same thing: dormant time of the year!! LOL!! Although Bob (LUC) reported that hes trying to get more active in the DNR ORV Advisory Board process (issue: THEM! Not us. Publication of meeting dates & agendas spotty at best) and Jim reported some plans for 2016 to get more people involved.

With regard to the Jeep Creep in Gladwin: It went very well!! We signed up about five new members, directed between five and ten to other local clubs where a membership would result in a GLFWDA membership, renewed a couple more members on site, and probably made a positive contact with

And a quick thank you to Eric Culling for picking up the trail maintenance coordinator duties!

And that for now guys n gals. more as I get it!!!

Please feel free to jump in with your comments & ideas!!!!

Mike
    '78 CJ7, AMC 360, T18, Dana 20 w/Tera Low gears, Locked Dana 44's F&R, AJ's Tub, Matkin frame.

So what are the numbers behind the healthy balance sheet? Hundreds...thousands...millions...is the spreadsheet posted in the members only section for review?

Dave

Thanks for the update.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

Also a Thank you for the report
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Hi Dave - Minutes and supporting docs are usually uploaded to the GLFWDA Documents in the forums. I'll followup to make sure these are updated in the next couple of days.

Thanks for asking (the reminder!!!)

Mike O.
    '78 CJ7, AMC 360, T18, Dana 20 w/Tera Low gears, Locked Dana 44's F&R, AJ's Tub, Matkin frame.

Thanks for the update!