Thread: The National Forest System Trails Stewardship Act of 2015 (S. 1110)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member GLFWDA Member Ms.ZJ's Avatar

Default The National Forest System Trails Stewardship Act of 2015 (S. 1110)

Dear Michelle,

Because we share a passion for the outdoor traditions that define our Michigan way of life, I am writing to let you know I am cosponsoring a bipartisan bill to increase access to trails in our National Forest land.

Right now, the Forest Service is able to maintain only one-quarter of the 158,000 miles of National Forest trails for hiking, horseback riding, hunting, mountain biking, motorized vehicles, and other outdoor activities. The National Forest System Trails Stewardship Act of 2015 (S. 1110) is designed to expand the number of trails that could be maintained by requiring a national strategy to maximize the use of volunteers and partners while addressing liability concerns that restrict outside groups and individuals from working on the trails.

I grew up in Clare and have enjoyed Michigan's outdoors my whole life, so I know the value of our trails--not only do they provide outstanding recreational enjoyment, they also attract much-needed tourism and economic activity to our state.

From supporting greater public access to our national forests to protecting our Great Lakes, you can count on me to preserve Michigan's great outdoor heritage. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

Debbie Stabenow
    United States Senator
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...10/all-actions
    Last edited by Ms.ZJ; November 5th, 2015 at 01:42 PM.
    Quite the Conundrum