Thread: Just Checking In!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Just Checking In!

Good Friday Morning wheelers!!

Couple things to catch you up on.

There was an EBOD (Executive Board of Directors) meeting last Saturday, and I should have had a quick blurb out about it Saturday or Sunday. I'll go in print right here that someone from the EBOD will have a quick update within 24 hours of all future meetings.

Briefly, here's what's going on:
    - Gitchee Gumee is coming up Jim Rutkofske is handling that trip. You can get him at trc@glfwda.org
    - As previously announced, the Fall Quarterly membership meeting is up in Petoskey, there's more info on our main page.
    - An new event called the Extreme Expo is about a month out, and GLFWDA is doing some training demos. See the thread under the Forums 'Events' tab for more info
    - And GLFWDA will have a presence at the Jeep Creep again; if you're looking for an easy way to help the organization come on out and volunteer some of your time to man the GLFWDA booth at the event.
    - The Oakland County offroad park negotiations are ongoing; stay tuned for more info, and MORE importantly for notices when your attendance may be needed at a county meeting.

These are the big items we're looking at, if you have questions or want to add anything please chime in!!

Other than that, have a safe Labor Day weekend - looking like some great wheeling' weather!!! I'm going to be doing a body lift on a YJ, so attack an extra hill or rock climb for me!!!

Mike
    '78 CJ7, AMC 360, T18, Dana 20 w/Tera Low gears, Locked Dana 44's F&R, AJ's Tub, Matkin frame.

Thanks for the update.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Senior Member GLFWDA Member Ms.ZJ's Avatar

The October membership meeting happens to also be an election meeting.
    (Vice President and Membership Secretary chairs)
    I am bidding to retain my seat on the board.

There are three events scheduled for the month of October:
    1: Extreme ORV Expo, Ionia fair grounds, Ionia MI 10/9- 10/11
    2: Fall color tour and Membership meeting/elections, Petosky MI, details in events forum
    3: Jeep Creep, Riverwalk Place, Gladwin MI, October 23-25, details also in the events forum.

As Mike (hunter 4X4) stated above, we can ALWAYS use the help of our members with events like the ones listed above.
    Quite the Conundrum