Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2015 ORV Trail Maintenance Workshops announced

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
    Are they available to start installing Bob? Have not seen anything from the DNR yet one way or the other
    In a word yes. The DNR has ordered a first batch (no clue what quantity that consists of) and will have them available at the various Maitenance Locations throughout the State. They hope to do the ORV Routes first as they feel it is a bit easier from the standpoint of getting the necessary equipment on location. When it was pointed out that the Trail Sponsors would need to work with the various County Road Commissions when installing Carsonite Markers on the roadside it became readily apparent they hadn't considered the dilemma, which is why I am curious what will be said at the Workshop.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My involvement in the ORV program started well after the last run of Carsonite markers - is there a tool to install them?

Sent from my electronic tether
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
    My involvement in the ORV program started well after the last run of Carsonite markers - is there a tool to install them?

Sent from my electronic tether
    Yes, there is tool to install and there are tools to remove Steel Posts if used; otherwise we simply need to remove confidence markers from trees.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

A good meeting for the most part. Wished we would have had more full size people there. DI guys came down and T-Way was there with us. Some discussion on the markers, there are 2 different types, some to mount on existing poles and stand alone carsonite. There will be 2 free riding weekends, 1 in June and 1 in Aug. There is lots going on with ORV connectors in the UP and Lower as this high on the Gov.'s list. Some M Rds. are open in the UP and some in the lower are being looked at with MDOT. I again made it clear that connectors are great, but if there is no challenge opportunity in the mix it gets to be the bar to bar mentality.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member TWEAK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signman View Post
    A good meeting for the most part. Wished we would have had more full size people there. DI guys came down and T-Way was there with us. Some discussion on the markers, there are 2 different types, some to mount on existing poles and stand alone carsonite. There will be 2 free riding weekends, 1 in June and 1 in Aug. There is lots going on with ORV connectors in the UP and Lower as this high on the Gov.'s list. Some M Rds. are open in the UP and some in the lower are being looked at with MDOT. I again made it clear that connectors are great, but if there is no challenge opportunity in the mix it gets to be the bar to bar mentality.
    Is there a mandate to replace the confidence markers with the carsonite, or what is the guidance on putting them in place?
    Past Land Use Committee Chairman, now serving on the Land Use Committee
    Tri-City Trail Riders President since 2010
    83' CJ-7, I-6 Propane with HEI, SOA, 4.10's and lockers

Not right now, I'm working on a new connector route at Leota and I'm Shure I will use the new markers there. Paige said they had the post mount type but they were short of the carsonite posts for the stand alone. Harrison has a driver that I have used before, I will see if I can get it for Pat K or someone to look at to build a couple. They are very simple, no different than a t-post driver only narrow and flat.