Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1. More Two Tracks are going to be closed by the Forest Service in Michigan.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Greenway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default 1. More Two Tracks are going to be closed by the Forest Service in Michigan.

More Two Tracks are going to be closed by the Forest Service in Michigan.

Your favorite trails may already be officially closed. Even though there is no sign or gate at the beginning of a trail, it still may be illegal for you to drive there. If you are caught there you may be cited with misdemeanor charges and fined. Unless you consult a GPS and a current Motor Vehicle Use Map at each and every turn, you won’t know if it is legal to be there or not

Congress has given the US Forest Service the task of closing as many Forest Roads as possible to reduce the costs of maintaining the roads. According to 36 CFR 112.5(b) : “For each national forest, national grassland, experimental forest, and any other units of the National Forest System (§212.1), the responsible official must identify the minimum road system needed for safe and efficient travel and for administration, utilization, and protection of National Forest System lands.”

The Huron-Manistee National Forest managers have begun that process. The notification to the public can be found here: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/hmnf/n...STELPRD3823719

That means, soon, it will be illegal to drive on even more of the Two Track trails in the Huron or the Manistee National Forests than it is now.

I am asking you to follow this link to Why the US Forest Service should not close more Two Track Trails or other Forest Service roads.

If you agree with any of those points in that thread, and feel the Michigan Two Tracks should remain open to the public, please take action on those feelings. Please read Why the Forest Service is doing what they are doing. Please click on How you can help keep these trails open in less than 5 minutes more of your time.

It is important to act soon. Comments will only be accepted till February 15, 2015.

Enough! Just take me to Who do I have to talk to

It takes more than just Liking the post on Facebook. To have your voice heard, you must actually email, write, or call the Forest Service. It is explained in the link just above this sentence.
    Last edited by Greenway; February 12th, 2015 at 12:55 PM.

This is total garbage. I have sent an e-mail.

../|. ,[______],
    |---L =O|||||||O
    ()_) .()_)--~---)_)

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member nick_n_ii's Avatar

Plane crap. We play more ever year and loose more every year. What about "public lands" does the government not understand.
    A family that wheels together, stays together.....

"It's our Land, and I want it now" yelling out my window

Sure glad we spent thousands of volunteer hours working on mapping and planning with the FS a couple years ago, what was that project called again? Eh doesn't matter anyway, it's all just a bad memory.

Just a link from 7-8 years ago...

http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php...st-Plan-Appeal
    Last edited by Creative Fab; February 10th, 2015 at 04:49 PM.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

So when does it stop? From my experience never. Since I joined GLFWDA in the mid 90's we have been dealing with the same issues over and over, I liken it to the movie Ground Hogs Day. My pen is running out of ink, my patience wore to the nub, my advancing age has me not caring what the hell Washington thinks it needs to do with our public lands.

You can find me in the woods put-zing along our trails and two tracks, bureaucrats be dammned!
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Creative Fab View Post
    So when does it stop? From my experience never. Since I joined GLFWDA in the mid 90's we have been dealing with the same issues over and over, I liken it to the movie Ground Hogs Day. My pen is running out of ink, my patience wore to the nub, my advancing age has me not caring what the hell Washington thinks it needs to do with our public lands.

You can find me in the woods put-zing along our trails and two tracks, bureaucrats be dammned!
    Put simply, "It doesn't stop.", nor will it ever stop.
    We will always have those that will do all they can do to deny us land use access.

If we tire of the fight, they will win even more.

We fight not only for ourselves, but we fight for those that have given up and we fight for our children and grandchildren that they learn the importance of the fight through our efforts and sacrifice.

Semper Fi
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Blog Entries

It takes more than just Liking the post on Facebook. To have your voice heard, you must actually email, write, or call the Forest Service. It is explained in the link at the bottom of the first post.

As of 6:54 pm, 2,957 people have linked to this thread, but only 285 people have have gone onto this page to see where to write and what they might put in the letter. Thats only 10%.
    Last edited by Greenway; February 10th, 2015 at 06:59 PM.

Email has been sent.

Blog Entries

Well said Bob

I have a feeling you have used that in another place and another time.