Thread: Super Bowl Blizzard!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Super Bowl Blizzard!!

Just a quick note to say I hope all our members got through the storm OK!!

The inconvenience and potential danger notwithstanding, sure a great time to own a 4x4!!!

Mike!
    '78 CJ7, AMC 360, T18, Dana 20 w/Tera Low gears, Locked Dana 44's F&R, AJ's Tub, Matkin frame.

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No School.....Time To Play!
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We got some good training time in during the snow storm on Sunday. First trip of the day was to the grocery store in light snow with some accumulation, but I had Jonathon driving his mom's truck - ABS, traction and stability control, AWD, makes you a sandwich, etc. Later in the day we ran to the hardware store in the Malibu - heavier/deeper snow, FWD only, but still w/ABS/traction control/stability control. Late in the afternoon we headed out into the guts of the snow storm, roads under several inches of snow, but in the Jeep - good tires, LS in the rear end, but no electronic crap and no 4WD. He did pretty good for his first real street driving in a snow storm. A good learning experience.
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

I went up to the Sischo Bayou area and played some...was by myself so I took played it safe. I did find a rustic camp area on the north side of the White river that was nice...Forest Service built. Will have to explore more after the snow leaves.