Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dixie Gully Run II

Several next steps.

Although the funding is approved, it does not mean the state is going to purchase the land. The land has to be appraised and purchase agreements need to be drafted. This is expected to take till late summer.

A Landscape architectural firm needs to be retained and develop a master plan. After that, the development plan, timeline, expenses, etc will be developed.

Since the state will own the land and the county will operate the park, a lease/ operating agreement needs to be drafted. This also is expected to take till late summer.

With luck, the bulk of the issues will be resolved by fall of next year. Assuming the land gets purchased, then they can start on fencing, sineage, site development can start.

The hope is to open the first phase to offroad use in the spring of 2016.

As far as what anyone can do, we have transitioned from a bunch of volunteers (all of us) to them working on a business model where they have to hire out the work to an engineering firm. Where it goes in specifics, I don't know.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Great news!
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member alan6271's Avatar

Great news indeed. Thank you for all you've done to move this through. I know I'm new but I want to do my part in helping.