Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dixie Gully Run II

Quote Originally Posted by fsumotorhead View Post
    I hope I can make it, but after the GG trip to Canada and about a month's worth of traveling for work since, I don't really want to burden my wife with having to watch all three kids again when I'm not home.
    Bring them with you! This is a family event and would help show the Parks n Rec folks that this IS a family activity.

If you do not have a vehicle and want to participate/show support, you can park across the road at the campground and get shuttled in as a spectator for $5.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by acme1271 View Post
    Bring them with you! This is a family event and would help show the Parks n Rec folks that this IS a family activity.
    I thought about it, but me managing a 3yo,2yo, 6mo by myself at an event with vehicles all over, and unpredictable weather...

I'm out

I'm surprised that there is low response to register. In this area of the state, and as busy as the Mounds can be...is the $20 fee pushing people away? Has Oakland County given any details as to the daily fees once the park opens? I wonder if it will be more or the same as the Mounds?

Dave

I don't think it's really a low response as its that it didn't fill up like we all hoped. I've heard there's around 280 registered?
    Being late in the wheeling season is a factor too...kids in school with sports etc... Fair weather wheelers too. But if someone complains about $20 then they just ought to sell their wheels, sit back and watch tv, eat potato chips and get fat.

KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

I hope everyone has fun tomorrow and Sunday!!!

Post lots of pics after

Had a great time! I didn't talk to anyone that wasn't having fun, officials and participants alike. A little cold, but you can't plan the weather.

And the people selling the BBQ.... I would have paid double it was sooo good!
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

So when will this park become official?

The current test site will now go dormant for over a year while all the grants/ acquisitions, contracts, leases, etc get worked out.

I can't thank everyone enough for all the support and good attitudes.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK