Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dixie Gully Run II

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Dixie Gully Run II

GLFWDA has worked for over thirty years trying to establish an off-road scramble area in southeast Michigan.

A trial event was held with limited registrations to gauge interest. Due to the overwhelming response, a second trial event has been established.

The Event is Scheduled for November 1st and 2nd and is located at 14300 Shields Road, Holly (North of Groveland Oaks County Park)

Dixie Gully Run is a 35-acre demonstration course testing the potential operation of an o-road vehicle site by Oakland County Parks and Recreation in collaboration with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.

FOLKS! We Need Your Help in Registering and Attending This Event!
    This is the best shot we are going to have and if we cannot fill every available slot to demonstrate the need, a lot of hard work, effort, time lost, and monies spent will be nothing.

PLEASE go to the following link and get registered and make plans to be there (I also tried to attach the PDF):

http://www.destinationoakland.com/Do...tion_Forms.pdf

Gully_Run_II_Flyer-Registration_Forms.pdf
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Thanks! I'll be there!

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    GLFWDA has worked for over thirty years trying to establish an off-road scramble area in southeast Michigan.

A trial event was held with limited registrations to gauge interest. Due to the overwhelming response, a second trial event has been established.

The Event is Scheduled for November 1st and 2nd and is located at 14300 Shields Road, Holly (North of Groveland Oaks County Park)

Dixie Gully Run is a 35-acre demonstration course testing the potential operation of an o-road vehicle site by Oakland County Parks and Recreation in collaboration with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.

FOLKS! We Need Your Help in Registering and Attending This Event!
    This is the best shot we are going to have and if we cannot fill every available slot to demonstrate the need, a lot of hard work, effort, time lost, and monies spent will be nothing.

PLEASE go to the following link and get registered and make plans to be there (I also tried to attach the PDF):

http://www.destinationoakland.com/Do...tion_Forms.pdf

Gully_Run_II_Flyer-Registration_Forms.pdf
    I am in need of a confessional booth as I simply do not understand why it is necessary to beg people to come to an Event that has so much potential to give us an area to play right in our own backyard for those of us in Southeast Michigan.

Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

I'll be there volunteering, or as a participant (if they can't figure out where my registration is).
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

Has the deadline for registering been extended?

yes due to low response.

Bob,
    I have to admit I have quit posting about this stuff here on GLFWDA.org. I find it to be a waste of time. Shoot........ our board members don't even post here.

Lucas,
    I will do a follow up on your registration.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

I hope I can make it, but after the GG trip to Canada and about a month's worth of traveling for work since, I don't really want to burden my wife with having to watch all three kids again when I'm not home.

I'll be there helping out on Saturday.
    Craig

4WD Awareness Training Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by fsumotorhead View Post
    I hope I can make it, but after the GG trip to Canada and about a month's worth of traveling for work since, I don't really want to burden my wife with having to watch all three kids again when I'm not home.
    You are a good man!