Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ORVAW Meeting March 5th @ 10am - Need GLFWDA Reps!

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member TWEAK's Avatar

Default ORVAW Meeting March 5th @ 10am - Need GLFWDA Reps!

You! Yes, you... We need your help. We are looking for some folks to attend the ORVAW meeting detailed below!

Wednesday March 5th from 10am-2pm there will be a quarterly meeting of the ORV Advisory Workgroup (ORVAW). This will be held at the RAM center in Roscommon.

This will be specifically important as there are a few issues that are being discussed that are of great importance to GLFWDA. You can read the whole agenda here: (http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dn...4_448527_7.pdf) but these are the key items:

ORV Event Notification and Permit Criteria
    Silver Lake State Park Voucher Reservation System
    New Trail Fee Update

The ORV Event Notification & Permit Criteria is a key item that we discussed at our last quarterly meeting as this was an ongoing issue with the Department and the introduction of SB50. The new criteria may be published now and we need to make sure that we understand this as well as understand how it would affect groups that have needed permits in the past.

GLFWDA Land Use Committee member Pat Brower is a member on the board, though personal commitments prevent him from attending this meeting. The public is welcome at this meeting and it is a great chance to get involved, meet some of the folks working on ORV access in our state and learn more about the issues affecting our sport. Having members of the Full Size 4 Wheel Drive community present for these meetings is always a plus, so we encourage anyone in the area to be present for the meeting.
    Past Land Use Committee Chairman, now serving on the Land Use Committee
    Tri-City Trail Riders President since 2010
    83' CJ-7, I-6 Propane with HEI, SOA, 4.10's and lockers

I will be driving up from the Flint area if anybody is interested in carpooling Wednesday morning...

Thanks for going Ed. I will be out of town.
    I think it's really important to take a stand against the need for an event permit for things like snofari. It pisses me off that when we met with the dnr that they wanted to restrict us because they were worried that a drunk on a snowmobile might hit us. Why not enforce harder drunk driving rules rather than regulate us?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am curious to see if, for those events the DNR will still require a permit, the new permit process will be through PRD instead of FRD. That would make a big difference.

The chain between me and my desk doesn't reach that far in March, I will not be able to go.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

10am on Wednesday? There's no way I can make it. And I really would love to be there, especially because of this whole permit thing that seems to still not be correctly resolved.

Unfortunatly I'll be in Las Vegas all week

Is this a meeting that folks can provide feedback, or is this just the DNR presenting how it will be? I might be able to make it...have to check my calendar.

Thanks,

Dave

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member TWEAK's Avatar

This is the ORV Advisory Workgroup which is a subcommittee of MSTAC. The public is welcome but typically you are limited to the end of the meeting to make comments... but if something doesn't seem right it is always good to standup in the meeting and point it out or ask for more info.

The committee has a number of things to review and there will be more then just the DNR presenting and representing.
    Past Land Use Committee Chairman, now serving on the Land Use Committee
    Tri-City Trail Riders President since 2010
    83' CJ-7, I-6 Propane with HEI, SOA, 4.10's and lockers

Why do they hold this meeting in the middle of the week and on Ash Wednesday? This is a rhetorical question or just an observation...no need to comment!!!

The gubment doesn't work on weekends or evening when the peons can attend.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.