Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rock course/ broken oil pan issue

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phittie1100 &#064; Mar 13 2006, 02&#58;33 PM) [snapback]11968[/snapback]</div>
    Is a spill kit something specific you purchase, or secret code for a 40# can of kitty litter? I have never seen a "kit" to purchase.
    [/b]
    This is what I carry. Motorhome is the big one and the Tracker gets the little one.
    This is one of the things we will probably be adding to the &#39;required side&#39; of the ledger when we revamp the trailriding guidelines this year.
    Best part is....donation made to BRC on top of it all&#33;
    jim-kb8ymf
    http://www.bluedevilproducts.com/Standard%...%20Frameset.htm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kb8ymf &#064; Mar 13 2006, 02&#58;40 PM) [snapback]11969[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phittie1100 &#064; Mar 13 2006, 02&#58;33 PM) [snapback]11968[/snapback]
    Is a spill kit something specific you purchase, or secret code for a 40# can of kitty litter? I have never seen a "kit" to purchase.
    [/b]
    This is what I carry. Motorhome is the big one and the Tracker gets the little one.
    This is one of the things we will probably be adding to the &#39;required side&#39; of the ledger when we revamp the trailriding guidelines this year.
    Best part is....donation made to BRC on top of it all&#33;
    jim-kb8ymf
    http://www.bluedevilproducts.com/Standard%...%20Frameset.htm
    [/b][/quote]

those are cool and I&#39;ve seen them featured in a couple of the mags. once i get back into actually trailriding, that is on my list to purchase for the toolbox.

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the link, Jim.
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Brian D.

Well,
    This summer I am going back to Michigan Tech to get my Civil Engineering Degree. I am going to turn the Rock Course oil issue into a Senior/Independent Research Project. The solution will most likely be very similar to the first one I proposed at the begining of this thread. I have a professor lined up as an advisor and after talking to him a he seemed a little excited about the prospect.

I will start my research this summer and complete the project during the Fall semester.

I have received a positive response to a couple emails I&#39;ve sent Paige Perry, the Trails Program Analyst for the Eastern Lower Peninsula. My information has been filed as a Resource for the "feasablity study" for the proposed Rock
    Crawl in the Motorsports Area.

I feel that the worse that could happen is that my findings will be too expensive and unrealistic.

But maybe this will be the solution needed to get the rock course.

I don&#39;t know if this will be the best or cheapest solution but at least it may turn out to be an option.

Brian Dow

P.S.
    oneeightyyourmom I may be getting intouch with you for some guidence if you don&#39;t mind.

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian D. &#064; Apr 19 2006, 01&#58;17 AM) [snapback]13319[/snapback]</div>
    Well,
    This summer I am going back to Michigan Tech to get my Civil Engineering Degree. I am going to turn the Rock Course oil issue into a Senior/Independent Research Project...
    [/b]
    Thank You Brian&#33; :thumb-up:
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member T-way's Avatar

Good work Brian, and good luck with that degree&#33;&#33;&#33;

:thumb-up:
    President - Troll Four Wheelers
    Vice President - ATVOffroad.net
    I'm Still Out There - I Haven't Gone Away!!

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian D. &#064; Apr 18 2006, 09&#58;17 PM) [snapback]13319[/snapback]</div>
    Well,
    This summer I am going back to Michigan Tech to get my Civil Engineering Degree.

Brian Dow

P.S.
    oneeightyyourmom I may be getting intouch with you for some guidence if you don&#39;t mind.
    [/b]
    Yah. Goot for youse&#33;&#33; I go Tech many yearss ago. Is goot school, eh? Holy Wah&#33;&#33;&#33;

DN
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

Brian D.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(timbercruiser &#064; Apr 20 2006, 06&#58;39 AM) [snapback]13403[/snapback]</div>

Yah. Goot for youse&#33;&#33; I go Tech many yearss ago. Is goot school, eh? Holy Wah&#33;&#33;&#33;

DN
    [/b]
    Yah der,
    I got my first Dagree from da houghton tech. Had sutch a good time up der I figered I&#39;d go back ya know&#33;

Shootin guns, camping, lots of da fire roads and water falls. I&#39;ve got da whole summer ta map da keweenaw der.

I&#39;m movin back up der next tursday.

Can&#39;t wait

Brian