Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So what are you guys working on?

Default So what are you guys working on?

I just came in from my garage from working on a hard top for my bronco. I picked up a nice rust free bronco that just needs a little TLC and a coat of paint. I am not going to spend to much time on it but want it to look decent when its done. I was wondering what others are working on right now. Is anyone restoring an old 4x4 or installing a lift on their rig? So post up some pics of what your working on or give a report of what is going on in your garage.

Here is my bronco in its summer cloths. I will post a pic when I get the hard top done.

Henry
    2013 Jeep unlimited Rubicon 10th anniversary.

Very nice Henry. That's about the perfect stance for an early Bronco.

I did a full body off resto on my jeep this summer including new PRP seats, a super clean tub (sand blasted to bare metal) and new fenders. Finished it up just in time for Gitchee Gumee. Since it was getting a new paint job, the wife picked the color.

KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Well I'm in the process of parting this out.

My Explorer wasn't pretty, but for the last five years has truly taken a beating and done nothing but come back for more. But wheeling it like it's on 40s takes its toll, everything on the bottom is smashed to s**t, At Gitche Gumee what has always proved to be a reliable ride turned less reliable. The clutch slave cylinder failed halfway through the last day, If you thought wheeling a manual trans is hard, you should try doing it with out being able to release the clutch!!!

And who can for get the not once but two times the whell fell off!

Oh and also, the night I got home from GG, the torsion bar let go in the garage.

Currently I'm trying to talk my younger brother into selling me this:

It's a '94 OJ special. Somehow he's got some crazy sentimental attachment to it, though in the 6 years he's owned it, it's spent 5 years in storage and 6 months at my house for axle swaps and upgrades. The fenders and tailgate are rusty, but that appears to be about it.

Still wondering if a move to a full size is a good choice or not, as I want to make sure I'll be able to do stuff like GG again! But I also want something that looks a bit more presentable in public (if you know what I mean).

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No pictures, but starting to gather some unexciting R&R parts for mine - ball joints, just found a tailgate this week, and apparently my fuel pump is showing signs of failure. Wheeling a daily driven Jeep that sees 10-15 weekends off the pavement each year in addition to 16-18,000 miles creates a fairly regular stream of boring maintenance projects. Plus with 9 salty years behind her, the old gal is starting to show some rust - not only places where I have gently massaged the sheet metal, but also some nefarious Jeep rusty spots, like the tops of both fenders.
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Nice Bronco Henry and I love the new invisible wire rope!

Good luck on getting OJ's Bronco and getting it ready for Snofari!

Too many projects.....

I have all three main vehicles getting worked on in some fashion right now, and more plans in the spring... Not to mention the honey do list, that is keeping me from making all the progress I want on the car and trucks
    2011 Ford Raptor SCrew #6841- FPP Light Bar, Hella 550 lights
    2006 Hummer H3 - Adv. Package, lot's of other stuff
    1976 International Scout -

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    Very nice Henry. That's about the perfect stance for an early Bronco.

I did a full body off resto on my jeep this summer including new PRP seats, a super clean tub (sand blasted to bare metal) and new fenders. Finished it up just in time for Gitchee Gumee. Since it was getting a new paint job, the wife picked the color.

Jim I have always loved your Jeep. You did a great job on the upgrades. I am glad you are still rocking the YJ with the square headlamps. I don't know why but I love the look of that front end even though it's not popular with a lot of other jeep guys. You have a very capable rig with plenty of go power. Have a great Christmas and hope all is well with you. Also sorry for your recent loss in your family.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Petsan View Post
    Nice Bronco Henry and I love the new invisible wire rope!

Good luck on getting OJ's Bronco and getting it ready for Snofari!
    Very funny Pete. It is now all set up with Warn Spydra line to get me (or you) out of the tough spots.

Henry

******Recording Secretary Business Member
    GLFWDA Member

Engine and transmission swap for the XJ.
    Significantly massaged 4.7 stroker and a fresh AW4.
    Some new skids and link ends.
    Hope to scrape the $ together for 42 MTR's and Rock Monsters.