Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DOA 2013

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trailhead Campground on the island is home base and the launching point for the trail rides, although you could stay at one of the other camgrounds/motels on the island if you wanted to. More details at https://www.facebook.com/msg4x4club and/or http://msg4x4club.ticketleap.com/doa2013/
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Ok we are in just booked our tickets. Can't wait.

I was just wounding what time people were leaving from home? We are in Novi and I think we are leaving around noon.

Quote Originally Posted by skier206 View Post
    I was just wounding what time people were leaving from home? We are in Novi and I think we are leaving around noon.
    What day?

I myself plan to head out straight from work Thursday. google maps says it's a 6:15 hour drive, so hopefully I can skate from work a bit early.

We are leaving on Thursday as soon as our daughter gets home from work. I should be all loaded and ready to leave at noon.

I was wondering what the plan for food during the day do we stop on the trail and eat or do we just grab some thing when we can. I was going to pack a cooler for the trail ride. Sorry for the questions but we are newbies and totally geeked to go.

You will want a to bring something to snack on or have for lunch on the trail. Usually in the middle of the day we stop for lunch.

any idea what the 2m simplex frequencies will be?

I'm going to try to program my radio ahead of time since it stinks using VFO mode, and I can never remember how to program on-the-fly.

Thanks

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For most GLFWDA events we use 147.470 for 2m simplex, but there should be some help available if the MSG folks have a different plan and you need to make a change.

Sent from my electronic tether
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV