Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: And my next silly project....UPDATE 3-2-06

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MuddyPaws

No school funds are used for things like this, or the Jeep, or the trip I took them to Attica for RTCC or the trip to Detroit for the auto show. Yes, we do some fundraisers, we get donations from people and places for different projects like this one. The motor was given to me, the sled was given to me, then I put a little money into it to make it run and traded it for the odysee. We sell crap on Ebay, we do powder coating, we wash cars, and we collect pop bottles for everything special we do.

As far as normal stuff, the school picks up the tab for other junk. Most of the budget is spent on nuts bolts, different fluids, oil dry, subscriptions to Mitchell on demand, consumables like brake lathe parts, safety glasses, tools, equipment maintenance, and other stuff like that. We also take cars in on donation and then use school funds to make any needed repairs. Sometimes we re-sell these cars at a proffit, sometimes they just become part of the program and get taken apart and put back together many times....this adds cost to the program when they take the heads off a car...the program pays for new gaskets, and fluids etc.

We have to pay for the safety clean tanks to be taken care of, and the budget for the program even has to pay for printer paper and toner for the printer and stuff like that.

I also took in an adult student in my AM class through Michigan Works...I get paid $2000 to have him in my class, which I turn around and basicly donate it back to the school and use that to fund things like this project, going to detroit and some things on the Jeep. It ended up costing about 1100 bucks to take all the kids to the detroit auto show. The adult student is where that money came from. The admin sprung for the breakfast bill and tossed in another 200 bucks.

I do what I can to get everyone involved.

Ryp

Whassa matta?! You couldnt find an XCR for dat???

Hey Tim, if you need a test driver give me a call ok?

Ryp
    ChxJeeper

MuddyPaws

plans have changed...the 440 is too hot to run in the summer in something like this. It has 100 hp and runs on 110 octane fuel. Not something that we can use. So, we have switched gears and are now installing a 617cc Kawasaki v-twin. New crate engine that I have been itching to put in something for years. I have 4 of them. They fell off a truck...really....and were given to me. One had a busted starter, all had busted valve covers...all had some kind of damage but we got parts from them all and made one run. Now I gotta figure out the rear suspension...

We have the front suspension figured out...had someone give us the front suspension out of a quad so we are going to lengthen the a-arms and run those. Will be nice with front disk brakes. Got the master cylinder and wheels too.

Long Forgotten GLFWDA Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Mar 1 2006, 11&#58;13 PM) [snapback]11277[/snapback]</div>
    plans have changed...the 440 is too hot to run in the summer in something like this. It has 100 hp and runs on 110 octane fuel. Not something that we can use. So, we have switched gears and are now installing a 617cc Kawasaki v-twin. New crate engine that I have been itching to put in something for years. I have 4 of them. They fell off a truck...really....and were given to me. One had a busted starter, all had busted valve covers...all had some kind of damage but we got parts from them all and made one run. Now I gotta figure out the rear suspension...

We have the front suspension figured out...had someone give us the front suspension out of a quad so we are going to lengthen the a-arms and run those. Will be nice with front disk brakes. Got the master cylinder and wheels too.
    [/b]
    LMFAO&#33;&#33;&#33; You crack me up Paws. This is sweet&#33;

RT

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Kixx007's Avatar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Mar 1 2006, 11&#58;13 PM) [snapback]11277[/snapback]</div>

[/b]
    Damn those 440 race sleds. You can de-tune them to run on pump gas, Poo, Doo, and AC all had kits to de-tune the sno-pros to run on pump gas. That liquid cooled kawi motor is a sweet setup. We have one in the classroom for demo purposes. I always had the privlage of cleaning the carb for the one time a year we ran it.. You should have notified me of the old Yami. Did you get calipers with that front suspension?

MuddyPaws

Damn those 440 race sleds. You can de-tune them to run on pump gas, Poo, Doo, and AC all had kits to de-tune the sno-pros to run on pump gas. [/b]
    Well...they had kits (new head) for up to the 99 then they quit making them.

So here is the motor we are going to use....

And here are some updates on the tear down...and thinking about using a subaru rear end for the final drive....

Senior Member Business Member
    GLFWDA Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Mar 2 2006, 05&#58;56 PM) [snapback]11353[/snapback]</div>
    So here is the motor we are going to use....

[/b]
    Yeah, I could see someone getting hurt..... :rolf:

I think you should use a triangulated solid axle with non-coil shocks [attachmentid=194]

Or turn it into a quarter-midget racer&#33;

Jeeperz Creeperz, Inc.
    1627 Eureka Rd
    Wyandotte, MI 48192
    734-281-8141
    www.jeeperz-creeperz.com

Ryp

Wow, now that&#39;s an engine......and it fell off a truck??

What kind of axle setup is that?

MuddyPaws

Yeah, I could see someone getting hurt..... [/b]
    Ummm....dat der is a electronic ignition 617cc motor there Kev. Runs up nice to 5800 rpm. Based on a 4000 rpm run and taking into account the gear ratios and tire size, the top speed of this thing will be 79.82 mph. prolly won&#39;t get quite to that but even going 50 in the thing is gonna be spooky.
    :thumb-up: