Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Associate Member---Ann Arbor Driveshaft

Ann Arbor Driveshaft

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian &#064; Mar 1 2006, 06&#58;56 AM) [snapback]11175[/snapback]</div>
    Nice to hear you have fast shipping&#33; :thumb-up:

Last year we had a break down or part ready to break up in Canada and needed a u-joint FAST. We had trouble with the shipping and never got the part. The part got there when we got home. Are you familiar with getting stuff to Canada FAST?
    [/b]

We ship using UPS online...so I can always call if I need help getting something out. But now that you metion it, I&#39;m going to research what I need to do in order to make sure a shipment gets through customs and onto its&#39; destination without delay.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; Mar 1 2006, 07&#58;45 AM) [snapback]11176[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian &#064; Mar 1 2006, 06&#58;56 AM) [snapback]11175[/snapback]

Last year we had a break down or part ready to break up in Canada and needed a u-joint FAST. We had trouble with the shipping and never got the part. The part got there when we got home. Are you familiar with getting stuff to Canada FAST?
    [/b]
    the ujoint in question is a rockford k710 toy to 1310, do you have them?
    [/b][/quote]

K1510 to Spicer 1310...standard Toyota to standard Jeep...Rockford part #K721. I didn&#39;t normally stock them, but I just ordered some for stock. &#036;18.83 each.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ann Arbor Driveshaft &#064; Mar 1 2006, 03&#58;30 PM) [snapback]11230[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; Mar 1 2006, 07&#58;45 AM) [snapback]11176[/snapback]

the ujoint in question is a rockford k710 toy to 1310, do you have them?
    [/b]
    standard Toyota to standard Jeep...Rockford part #K721. I didn&#39;t normally stock them, but I just ordered some for stock. &#036;18.83 each.
    [/b][/quote]

721 is the right part number.... im not sure why i said 710

Long Forgotten GLFWDA Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ann Arbor Driveshaft &#064; Mar 1 2006, 03&#58;30 PM) [snapback]11230[/snapback]</div>
    K1510 to Spicer 1310...standard Toyota to standard Jeep...Rockford part #K721. I didn&#39;t normally stock them, but I just ordered some for stock. &#036;18.83 each.
    [/b]
    Watching you change Shawn&#39;s U-joint was a sweet memory of SnoFO. E, you are a good person and know yer chit. When I get the EB, I&#39;ll be talking to you.

RT

Ann Arbor Driveshaft

REMEMBER I live in the Soo. Anyone can have parts sent to my house and I can either run them to the bridge, or have my wife bring them over if I am on the run with you guys. And I have the local parts store (NAPA) manager on speed dial...on call 24/7. :thumb-up:
    [/quote]

I Love it......as an individual we are all powerless...but as an associatation we got many connections. I&#39;m so glad to be part of something that works for everyone

I have been in that NAPA store a couple of times with Tab (he goes by TAB on this board) He reps the Forney welding supplies found in many Auto Parts stores in that neck of the woods and all over the state for that matter.

By having stuff shipped to Tim we can avoid the customs hassle with shipping between country&#39;s :thumb-up:
    And if we can get the Soo NAPA to carry one of every part we might need we can feel free to bust up some crap :rolf:
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

I&#39;d be interested in what it would cost to rebuild a Double Cardian DS with a flange of somekind on one end and I think a 1310 on the non CV end....place that does it for me now, I don&#39;t really like and at your costs for new DS, I could spend another 20 bucks and get new ones each year&#33;&#33;&#33;

I had mine lengthened and I paid 260 (after he quoted me 140). I get it rebuilt about once a year, stupid ungreasable center ball thingy, and I drop about 200 for him to cut the end off, weld on a new end, new joints and rebalance it.

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

Senior Member Supporting The Sport!

Lucas, my CV shaft on the ZJ has a greasable ball and both ujoints are greasable. I had the stock one rebuilt about 6 years ago with this setup and its doing fine since. I grease it a couple of times a year. Joint Clutch did mine. I&#39;m sure AA driveline could do the same.

Ann Arbor Driveshaft

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgottler &#064; Mar 6 2006, 06&#58;44 PM) [snapback]11640[/snapback]</div>
    I&#39;d be interested in what it would cost to rebuild a Double Cardian DS with a flange of somekind on one end and I think a 1310 on the non CV end....place that does it for me now, I don&#39;t really like and at your costs for new DS, I could spend another 20 bucks and get new ones each year&#33;&#33;&#33;

I had mine lengthened and I paid 260 (after he quoted me 140). I get it rebuilt about once a year, stupid ungreasable center ball thingy, and I drop about 200 for him to cut the end off, weld on a new end, new joints and rebalance it.

Lucas
    [/b]
    I&#39;ll do it for &#036;175, complete rebuild w/ balance. We can make it a greasable set-up. You can go from non-greasable to greasable, but not vice-versa. If you play in the sand alot, the factory set-up is the way to go. Non-greasable is sealed better, but on Jeeps with alot of angle, the CV will wear out sooner.

If you still want an ad in the next Boondocker email me something really soon. I&#39;m past deadline, but I&#39;m holding for one more story before printing. As soon as I get it, I&#39;m printing. So, sooner the better&#33;

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Kixx007's Avatar

Lucas. He is on vacation in Chicago. I don&#39;t think he will be back until Sunday..