Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Great Lakes business cards? Who's good at creating templates???

Talking

Jim hit it right on the head!

While I would like to "purchase" some for the association it is not economically feasible at the moment.
    Many of us would/could print some off at home.

Mostly I'm looking for designs.

Then we can either print them or have them printed.
    :thumb-up:
    SUPPORT THE SPORT!

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Feb 24 2006, 12&#58;53 AM) [snapback]10833[/snapback]</div>
    Many members have said they would put up the 20 bucks or so per 500 cards that my school does them for. 2 color, blue logo with black letters. I know I am buying 500 and will give them out at the meeting and a couple of other members have ordered boxes of 500.
    [/b]
    What information do you have on the cards?

MuddyPaws Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association Ambassador?
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    SUPPORT THE SPORT!

I will print some, I have a copy of what I used to use from when I was the membership sec. I will just delete the membership text.

I will bring some to the quarterly and put a copy on a disc&#33;
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Blog Entries

I am uncertain whether or not this is going to work the way I want, because the formating changes a little each time depending on the fonts and printer available to print the templates.

I will upload a couple of Word Documents where I have created a Great Lakes Business Card that is Printable on Avery&#39;s Business Card Templates. Whether you use template 8371 or 8376 is really your choice; the card measures 2" x 3 1/2".

The first Document will allow you to put in your information Members Name, Members E-mail, Members Phone Number and Call Sign. You can Add, Delete or Change what ever information you desire. If you have difficulty manipulating the information, send me an e-mail or PM with your information you want included and I will try to help.

[attachmentid=256]

The second Document simply has a blank line at the bottom where you can write in your name and contact information if you like.

[attachmentid=257]

Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA

Blog Entries

For whatever reason some of the font types and size changes with the uploaded Documents. This may require some type of manipulation on the part of the end user (you) in order to make the card look professional. With the fonts and printers available to me, I like the end result when printed on my HP 5550. I will have examples of both cards at the April Quarterly Meeting (at the Sign-In table) for your review. I even have an example where I have a small picture of my Hummer on the business card (for a bit more personalization).
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA

JerryD

I was thinking about these ideas and came up with a design that uses my avatar. I think I may have to come up with some higher quality artwork and it may be a bit too busy, but I thought I&#39;d give it a whirl...

and then the back could be this...

(I&#39;ll have to find my card for my membership number&#33

The treadlightly was recreated. I don&#39;t know that that&#39;s strictly kosher as I haven&#39;t read their fair use statements, etc. but it was just a way to encourage the concept.

I like the idea of these as it allows for a casual intro, but doesn&#39;t seem "official"... make sense? In other words, I feel that if I were to create these and hand them out to potential members I wouldn&#39;t be acting on behalf of the organization, rather I&#39;d be just another enthusiast spreading the word.

Cheers,
    Jerry

Blog Entries

Your Membership Number 7127.

What did you use to create your Card Design?
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA

Senior Member Business Member
    GLFWDA Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JerryD &#064; Feb 6 2007, 11&#58;31 PM) [snapback]22334[/snapback]</div>

[/b]
    I think that&#39;s kind of catchy&#33;

The only thing is that I actually had to read/scan the entire thing to finally pick out your name, so it might be a bit too busy, or you&#39;ll need to put your name in boldface print.

JerryD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; Feb 7 2007, 05&#58;31 AM) [snapback]22338[/snapback]</div>
    Your Membership Number 7127.

What did you use to create your Card Design? [/b]
    Thanks Bob&#33; I thought about PM&#39;ing you for it, but I didn&#39;t want to seem too lazy&#33; I used Publisher for the layout.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeeperz&#045;Creeperz &#064; Feb 7 2007, 09&#58;36 AM) [snapback]22342[/snapback]</div>

I think that&#39;s kind of catchy&#33;

The only thing is that I actually had to read/scan the entire thing to finally pick out your name, so it might be a bit too busy, or you&#39;ll need to put your name in boldface print. [/b]
    Well, maybe I don&#39;t want to be ID&#39;d&#33; j/k I thought of just having the GLFWDA seal (or can we all just call it the "Great Seal?) as a watermark to the side, but then I wanted to have the UFWDA seal, and then... okay, I got a little carried a way. BUT I DID INCLUDE MY CALLSIGN&#33;

It would probably be better to drop the UFWDA seal to balance it out, and put my contact info in the middle. Hmmm. Well, that&#39;s what the thread is for... ideas.

Cheers,
    Jerry

P.S. What font is the muddy "Support the Sport"? It sure looks familiar, but I can&#39;t find it on my machines. It is a freeware font, isn&#39;t it?