Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Southeast Michigan ORV Park (Scramble Area)

no
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Well...I guess that's to be expected. Are they against the entire park or just the ORV??

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For those not following the thread on GL4x4 the Oxford Twp board voted to not even go forward with any testing for sound levels, so this project is dead on arrival.

Sent from my electronic tether
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    I doubt it would be the old gravel pit as there is alot of high end development nearby.

look at the date.....just sayin...............
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

I had the same comments when the location was announced. I will be honest, if I lived in that area I would not want the ORV. The rest of the park sounded nice. I am surprised that folks would not want the horse, mountain bikes, etc. there. I assume there was no property available on the north end of the gravel pit?

Dave

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There was no option for adopting the non-ORV features of the park. OCPR intended to use a grant from the MNRTF to obtain the property specifically to build an ORV park to satisfy an legislative directive from 1981. The catch is the state authorized the establishment of the ORV area, but also required that it be done in cooperation with a local unit of government. Unfortunately there are not a lot of undeveloped areas in Oakland County, and they are the only local unit of government in 30 years to step forward and try to complete the project.
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Thanks for the details Paul. It is interesting how the government will set things up so it's all or nothing, if I understand your comments.