Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2013 Quarterly Meeting

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lpm606 View Post
    I didn't see a go to meeting app in the android market place, but I am not very cell phone savvy... I'll see if I can figure it out and meanwhile I did register just to see if it would provide a call in # and found the same info the Mrs. ZJ so kindly posted! So, I hope to be on the road by 5:00 friday and listening in one way or another...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...omeeting&hl=en
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

In the meeting right now but can barely hear. Think that something needs to be done to improve the audio for future webinars. As it stands right now I can only hear a couple of people and not very well. Kind of hard to tell what is being discussed if you can only hear one side. I would like to be able to attend the meetings in person but it just isn't possible for me and if the sound can't be addressed it's kind of useless to do the webinars. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by gnjeepn; January 26th, 2013 at 01:09 PM.

../|. ,[______],
    |---L =O|||||||O
    ()_) .()_)--~---)_)

Bad To The Bone Business Member
    GLFWDA Member

I've used the webinars several times and love them. Today, my computer didn't want to co-operate for audio. I called in by phone and listened but it wouldn't broadcast my voice (maybe for the best haha). I had a bad cell connection and only heard about a third of the conversation. All of what Paul said. Part of what Bob said and that was all.

But who ever was typing....thank you, it made me able to follow the meeting and the outcome of the agenda!!!!

Even with issues, it was better than not being able to attend at all!!!

AM/Membership Secretary GLFWDA Member Ms.ZJ's Avatar

I heard everything/everyone, my mic was working too... till my junk froze up.
    When I got the computer back up and got back into the meeting, my mic was muted by the organizer
    Quite the Conundrum

I heard some but couldn't make out what most were saying. Only the people in the room that were close enough to the mic that were speaking. I could make out most of what Paul, Bob and Dave said but that was about it. The typed out info helped but still not enough to make this type of meeting worth my while. I guess just reading the minutes of the meeting would be more helpful to me than attending another webinar. Kind of frustrating when you can't make out what is being discussed from all parties speaking. Kind of hard to consider interjecting anything in the meeting that might be helpful when you can't hear what others are saying. I only heard a couple of people try to speak that were attending the meeting via their computers or phones. It appeared there was only about 7 or 8 of us online. What can be done to make it better? I think that this needs to be addressed. Especially for old farts like me who are already hard of hearing.

../|. ,[______],
    |---L =O|||||||O
    ()_) .()_)--~---)_)

Kudos to the organization for their continuing efforts to broaden the reach of the meetings by having the webinar/conferene call format. It is great that the BOD responded to request to try this technology. Having said that, I can also testify to the fact that the audio was was poor. I was listening through my car's blue tooth on the car speakers and in order to hear what was being said I had the volume set to 35 and then when that one person kept coughing into the mike I think it just about split my eardrum. I couldn't hear what was being said by membership so it would have been helpful for the moderator to repeat the questions or comments for us to hear. I'm not sure how the mikes were set up, I'm sure it can be improved, but thanks again for working on it.

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Winter 2013 Quarterly Meeting

Well...sorry it didn't turn out better. But...we learned a lot. We bought an omnidirectional mic, but it looks like we need a directional mic. Bob also thinks we could add a second laptop at the meeting, specifically to handle audio.

Bob was updating the agenda as we went, we were missing Carl and had a couple of people compiling notes so we can put together minutes. The other thing we will do next time is have the presenters online as well. With the placement of the screen next to us, it was difficult to see what was being shown to live and electronic attendees.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Winter 2013 Quarterly Meeting

For those that couldn't hear, some highlights:

Daystar products really did come with a Jeep on tracks. They also will be joining as a level 5 associate member!

SoFO presented GLFWDA with a donation of $1,000!!!

We met one of the founders of Blue Water Jeeps out of Port Huron and will be following up to introduce their members to GLFWDA.

The ORV Route proposal continues to move forward, but still not done and still not everything we wanted.

GLFWDA will take steps to welcome SxS users and help provide a voice for their needs, which are similar to ours.

We will get official minutes posted soon

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member JerryD's Avatar

Paul, thanks for the synopsis. I too, had the stereo cranked... ear splitting aside, I really appreciate the effort. I cut out after a while as I couldn't really follow along. As this is new to the group, growing pains are to be expected. Hope to be there live next time, but am glad we are working on having these tools available.
    Jerry
    N2JPZ
    "Caveat lector..."

Thanks for posting the highlights. And although it sounds like the webinar portion wasn't perfect, I think it's a great concept that needs to keep happening.

Although I wasn't there & couldn't tune in, I again want to express my thanks to all of you who put in so much effort!
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.