Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
    The synchronization was cool. How did you do it?
    Syncronization was done by building wireless control boards equipped with little antennas. Broadcast antenna and FM antenna hooked up to my laptop, sequencing software set up per the number of total channels and configured to our set up. Songs sequenced to the 50MS (millisecond).
    Once everything and everyone is plugged in, my laptop is a mobile broadcast of FM signal and programming to operate the boards.
    Everyone "tunes" into our clear FM channel and viola - we are a mobile, wireless, syncronized lights to music display.
    We can actually get about 1/2 mile from each other and still blink, our FM signal fades long before that though.

Quote Originally Posted by hemrides View Post
    Have you guys thought about driving into a sub and turning on the show...I bet you would get a great response...or going to a senior center.

This is great...to bad you don't have more parades.
    We have thought about setting up a fund raising effort by parking in front of a store and promoting donations to a local charity for the holidays. We found that many stores have specific rules against this.
    Unfortunately, it did not work out with everyone's schedules either. It takes us almost 3 hours to get everything set up and tested. There is a lot of wire running inside and outside of our jeeps. As it is, many of us are using vacation time to be able to participate in these parades. Add to that, we don't all live near each other. Some are 2 hours away from others.

It would be fun someday to be able to do something like this, it wasn't in the cards for us this year.