Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas!

Default Merry Christmas!

I know this is a bit early but it IS that time of year for Christmas Parades.

The TwoTrackers have a group that have been working hard to bring a little cheer to a couple of our local communities by participating in their night time Christmas parades.
    This year all vehicles are Jeeps and we are all decked out like a bunch of reindeer. We have synchronized lights to music (all wireless! - I guess we are the first mobile, wireless, sycnhronized lights-to-music display in the country, or so I've been told)

If you like jeeps (who doesn't) and you like Christmas (who doesn't?), and are anywhere near lower West Michigan, please come and check us out!

Parades:
    Grand Haven Jingle Bell Parade
    Saturday, Dec 1 - 6:00pm, downtown Grand Havem

Coopersville Holiday Parade
    Friday, Dec 7 - 7:00pm, downtown Coopersville

Here is a video of our practice. This was shot before the lights were all plugged in right on all vehicles but you can get the idea.
    Please give us a wave if you come and see us (really - we will not be able to hear anything with as loud as the music is!)

Sweet!
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Very Cool!!

That looks super-cool. I have seen lights on houses in a whole neigborhood syched to music, but on the movng Jeeps is a great twist. Isn't it a little hard to drive with the lights flashing all around you?

Not too bad driving with the lights since we are going parade speed, basically all of us are tailgating the guy in front of us. The harder part is the sound. It is broadcast on an FM station from the computer, so we all have it tuned in and as loud as we can get it. We found last year even that wasn't loud enough (even with out tops) so we have added a lot of external speakers and a DJs sound system this year.
    The first parade is tonight - we're super excited - it's a lot of fun!

So how did the parade go last night??

The parade was a huge hit - it went fantastic!
    Grand Haven had a big crowd this year.
    Everytime a song would finish the crowd would cheer. We heard a lot of good comments and people telling us we were the best thing in the parade.
    Last year was our first and the technical gremlins got a couple of our control boxes. This year we have that figured out, we improved our sound and could really enjoy it.

You have 1 more chance to see us in Coopersville next Friday night. Working up a cool song I heard of last night too, gonna be FUN!

Here is the pre-parade test in the staging area.

../|. ,[______],
    |---L =O|||||||O
    ()_) .()_)--~---)_)

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Greenway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The synchronization was cool. How did you do it?

Have you guys thought about driving into a sub and turning on the show...I bet you would get a great response...or going to a senior center.

This is great...to bad you don't have more parades.