Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red Bridge Rd (August 18th as of now)

Default Red Bridge Rd (August 18th as of now)

Talking to my friend who gave me a hand with the lift, telling him about a place I found that I went wheeling on. He told me another really good place(Red Bridge Rd). He says it gets muddy back in there. We will need ORV Stickers if we are on the Route. There are a few There are quite a few Seasonal Roads that run through Red Bridge Rd.

Here is a map: http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/redBridgeTrail.html There is another on The DNRs websight

I know its short notice and I'm sorry.

So who all could make it and when do y'all wanna meet, time wise?
    Last edited by Cable810; August 1st, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cable810 View Post
    Talking to my friend who gave me a hand with the lift, telling him about a place I found that I went wheeling on. He told me another really good place(Red Bridge Rd). He says it gets muddy back in there. We will need ORV Stickers if we are on the Route. There are a few There are quite a few Seasonal Roads that run through Red Bridge Rd.

Here is a map: http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/redBridgeTrail.html There is another on The DNRs websight

I know its short notice and I'm sorry.

So who all could make it and when do y'all wanna meet, time wise?
    It's mostly sand on those routes. I don't think you'll need a sticker. I won't have time to wheel til sept.
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

I just don't know any area around here thats "good". Talked to a Jeeper this evening and he said its sandy. Looked at some pics of Blk Mtn and it seems to be the same as Red bridge. What are your thoughts timber?

Blk Mtn scramble area is only open to ATV's and motorbikes. If drving an SOS licensed vehicle you do not need an ORV sticker on routes. Keep in mind that in MI your transfer case can cause you to be looked at like a criminal in some LEO's minds. Unless you can traverse a trail or forest in two wheel drive you cannot legally be on it. ORV routes and scramble areas open to fullsize vehicles are the only exception. Good luck finding an ORV route where you will need your transfer case, other than the route on Drummond.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

Ditto on what creative fab said.
    Our club is trying to work with DNR to improve some of the routes around here. I'll get back at it when summer's over.
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

Thanks for the Info. So pretty much most of the Routes can be traversed in 2wd and we cannot engage 4wd??? I think I read somewhere that we cannot drive on 4wd on the DNR managed routes.

Keep in mind that when the term "route" is used on this site, for the most part, the author will be referring to an actual DNR signed and maintained 72" wide forest road on state land. Use of 4wd is permitted on these signed routes, however only the route on DI requires use of 4wd. The rest of the signed routes in the state are nothing more than, generally speaking, connectors for ORV Trails, which are either 24" or 60" and designed for motorbikes & quads.

Should you happen upon an area in an unsigned forest road or trail that requires the use of 4wd you will be subject to the two wheel drive law which is mentioned above. With that said you can still be issued a ticket should you traverse an area that an LEO believes (opinion) that you cannot traverse with a conventional two wheel drive even though you went through said area in 2wd and did not spin a tire. Confused yet? Yeah, us too!
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Thats why they call the DNR, Do Nothing Right and Dam Near Retarted. I highly doubt that we will run into the DNR but who is to say that we will. I rarely see them around these parts. Yes you did lose me..... We can NOT enter Forest Roads in 4wd I got and understand that.

To aid in judgement of "is this legal" think to yourself, "can grandma's Buick follow me with out issue"? If you answer yes, 4WD is unnecessary. If you answer no, it is illegal to drive down.

It is set the 18th at 12pm at the subway in onaway( 21090 M 68 Hwy, Onaway) if you can make it lrt me know asap. There are going to be either 3 or 4 there. Thats including me. Sorry for the late notice.
    Pm me for my cell #