Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone run Geolanders?

MuddyPaws

Just wondering about how you like them on and off road.

Senior Member Supporting The Sport!

I assume you are talking about the MT's.....I know a couple of people who have ran them and like them. But they have only wheeled MI trails, nothing hard. I don't know how well they would do in the UP or Canada mud, or how strong the sidewalls are. Plus the couple people I know who had them didn't complain about them, but also went to another tire the next time around.

I know they just redesigned them a little, but its really hard to tell what they changed.

I personally think Yokohamas, Kumhos, Toyo, etc should only go on foreign rigs like Toyotas, Nissan, etc. :P

MuddyPaws

Still leaning toward the XTerrain...good road wear and good off road. Just gotta find a good price. Can't find a set of lightly used swampers anywhere either.

Tim check out this ebay add. Price seems really good for 35" Xterrians....don't know about shipping cost, I didn't read the whole add.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW-PRO-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

MuddyPaws

Tires won't ship till March 1?

Scam going on there...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Feb 16 2006, 07&#58;44 PM) [snapback]10483[/snapback]</div>
    Tires won&#39;t ship till March 1?

Scam going on there...
    [/b]
    Oh, sorry &#39;bout that. Like I said I didn&#39;t read the whole page, just noticed the price.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member T-way's Avatar

Tim

As far as the tires in the ad not shipping until March 1st......could be a good reason why. Maybe he&#39;s running them on a DD and his new tires won&#39;t arrive until then? Dunno.....just a thought. Might not be a scam necessarily&#33;&#33;

As far as the Geolanders go.....if you&#39;re talking about the MTs.....one of our former club members (Timberwolf&#39;s son) ran a set of 33 x 12.50s on his ranger. Ran &#39;em all the way down to the wear bars&#33;&#33;&#33;

They did really well on just about everything he ran &#39;em on. Even made a trip or two to Canada on &#39;em. He drove &#39;em every day on the road too. He didn&#39;t get a lot of miles out of them....they wore pretty fast on the pavement, especially for a radial. MUCH faster than a comparable radial such as a BFG or a Goodyear MT/R.

As Mike stated, they have changed the tire since he had his set. The changes aren&#39;t really noticeable....mostly a slight change to the tread and a compound change, so the tread wear might be slightly better now.

Oh....and while our club member had them on his rig.....the Trolls affectionately referred to them as YO YO MAMMAS&#33;

:haha:

Oh....and one more thing.....

If you want to check out the way they wore, the next time you&#39;re at Vic&#39;s...he still has them in the garage&#33;
    President - Troll Four Wheelers
    Vice President - ATVOffroad.net
    I'm Still Out There - I Haven't Gone Away!!

Wandering But Not Lost GLFWDA Member Rattler's Avatar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; Feb 15 2006, 01&#58;50 AM) [snapback]10411[/snapback]</div>
    I personally think Yokohamas, Kumhos, Toyo, etc should only go on foreign rigs like Toyotas, Nissan, etc. :P
    [/b]
    I resemmble that remark&#33;&#33; Well, I did. I remmeber the quote "Jap truck, Jap tires". I had Yokohama Muddiggers on my old &#39;Yota. Aweomse in mud but they were absolutely terrible in sand. They wore ok from what I remember. I had seen a set wear bad but that was caused by overiflation on a heavier truck.

I recently found the newer Kumho Road Venture MTs. I am pretty sure about running these soon. They have a similar tread pattern to the Yoko MTs.

BFG is owned by Michelin which is based out of France.
    You boys up from the Iron League hey? Lotsa fights? RIP Paul Newman

We run the load range E Geolander all terrains on the back of several of our dually work trucks. They wear like steel, but I&#39;ve never had a traction problem with any of them.
    Recovered jeep addict on the straight and narrow with Toyotas

Wandering But Not Lost GLFWDA Member Rattler's Avatar
    You boys up from the Iron League hey? Lotsa fights? RIP Paul Newman