Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gitchee Gumee Revisited

Default Gitchee Gumee Revisited

Actually I would call it more of an exploration run than an actual event, which is why it's here.
    I'm tossing the idea out there to see if there is any interest.
    Probably planning the last weekend in September. Which may be the busiest because of 'other groups', but it doesn't get into bear season for that area.
    I'll check into that more as the date gets closer.
    Will stay @ Blueberry from 22nd to the 30th.
    My runs will consist of exploring some of the lesser travelled trails we used to know of and see what new logging / skidder trails have been put in recently.
    Much of that stuff is up by Batchawana River and Chippewa River and the trails leading into the bush.
    No overnight runs are planned at this time. This is a just a relaxing exploration run.
    If you're interested please post up.
    Jim-kb8ymf
    Last edited by kb8ymf; June 5th, 2012 at 07:26 PM.

A simple 2wd trip through the woods when the color is on sounds great. We might be up for a 3 or 4 day weekend.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Kixx007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    A simple 2wd trip through the woods when the color is on sounds great. We might be up for a 3 or 4 day weekend.
    I am for sure going now!

I'd love to go. Currently, there is some discussion of a run with the bikes around that time though so not sure if I'd be able to make this or not. Then again, if it is the same time, we could always meet up with the bikes too...
    Oz
    KD8NFX

It's pretty hard to pedal up there.....
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

I'd like some more info as it gets closer. Currently I was planning a run to Drummond for late September, but might check this out.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

We'll be wheeling with friends at the same time and about the same latitude, only about 850 miles to your East. Hope to see some GREAT scenery and wildlife opportunities in Maine.
    Sorry to miss this opportunity, I am looking forward to another excursion Up North of the Soo, sometime.
    Hope your plans for NO trail overnights works this time!
    Last edited by DDS4X4; May 31st, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Quote Originally Posted by fsumotorhead View Post
    I'd like some more info as it gets closer. Currently I was planning a run to Drummond for late September, but might check this out.
    Not sure what you're looking for on info. We camp @ Blueberry. We leave to explore trails each morning around 9:00 to 10:00, eat lunch on the trail usually along side a river if possible. Arrive back @ camp around 4:00 to 6:00, build fire, eat dinner and down a few cold ones chatting around the campfire. No plans for any overnight runs unless someone breaks real bad and we get tied up in a rescue repair operation. The last thing I want to do is sleep on the hard ground with a nice soft bed at home.
    Exploring the trails will involve staring at maps and taking trails that look both interesting on the map and look promising when we pass them in the woods.
    As I indicated we'll take some of the major roads that are connector trails to see where the new logging is being done and what skidder trails might be left over from the operations. We typically gather the logging operations info from the local business owners.

For those who have gone to both D.I. and Canada will recognize the difference. It's hard to explain Canada except it's literally in the middle of NOWHERE! That's why as we get closer we'll (I) will prod the potential attendees with a few vehicle condition questions.
    Vehicles in need or repair do not belong coming on this run. Carrying extra fuel if you vhicle is a gas guzzler is an absolute requirement. Tires can't be bald. Rear locker I suspect will be highly recommended.
    If you have any specific questins, ask away,
    jim-kb8ymf

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    It's pretty hard to pedal up there.....
    Im a fatty. Its not pedal powered. Lol

Did I mention I really want to come on this run yet?
    Oz
    KD8NFX

I'll have to give a maybe. I'm heading to Alaska for a week bike trip in August, so back to back trips might not work for me.
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics