Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More volunteer opportunites

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade II View Post
    Is it just Gladwin or is there anything bleeding over into the Arenac area? Arenac had some nice trails leading back to and around a crystal clear lake. Back in the day we'd water ski behind the trucks pulling us around the lake from shore.
    Nothing in Arenac County that I am aware of...got a map? We could certainly take a look
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
    Looks like Paige is also looking for a new sponsor for the ORV route north of Black Lake. I think (Tim or Mike feel free to jump in if I am wrong) ATV Offroad is looking at the Black Lake trail, but not the route.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    I shall contact her immediately.
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

I've expressed interest in picking up miles. We could do the Indian River section. Also, is this the same Higgins area we talked about earlier? We could handle that as well if nobody is interested. Looks like Gladwin is covered. Regarding Grand Traverse, is there a chance to expand there? Seems like 5 miles isn't worth anything of value from a recreation standpoint, but if more miles could be added it may be a worth while trail seeing as there isn't much in that area.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Blog Entries

Default Re: More volunteer opportunites

Quote Originally Posted by timbercruiser View Post
    I shall contact her immediately.
    Excellent, copy T-Way too, he has been working with her to sort this out

KD8PAV

Blog Entries

Default Re: More volunteer opportunites

Quote Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
    I've expressed interest in picking up miles. We could do the Indian River section. Also, is this the same Higgins area we talked about earlier? We could handle that as well if nobody is interested. Looks like Gladwin is covered. Regarding Grand Traverse, is there a chance to expand there? Seems like 5 miles isn't worth anything of value from a recreation standpoint, but if more miles could be added it may be a worth while trail seeing as there isn't much in that area.
    Great- I'll let Paige know we want to keep Indian River in the family.

Higgins Lake is not approved yet, not sure if we will be offered it when it is approved.

GT is just a connector

KD8PAV

Default More volunteer opportunites

T-way and I are still debating the route, if we get some other hands involved in our maintenance runs we will definitely consider adding it.

We really want to clean up, bummer roost, black mountain, and red bridge and make it a worthwhile destination for all.

Lower 41.5 GLFWDA Member Renegade II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
    Nothing in Arenac County that I am aware of...got a map? We could certainly take a look
    Everything in the area that I know of is north of M61 off of Lame Duck, Mosquito Alley and the pipeline. The lake is just West of I-75. Odds are none of it is mapped, at least not any maps made since 92'. There use to be more area East of I75 that went around a retention basin too. That was a wild trail the last time I took it.....just 20 years ago.

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

She said that she could use our help. I have to contact the rest of the Trolls to make it official.
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hemrides View Post
    Once the logistics are completed I can provide some manual labor. Let me know.
    Dave - do you have places up north that you visit regularly? Cabin, favorite place to hang out, favorite piece of woods? Most (or maybe all?) of our miles are regularly attended to by one of our clubs, but several of them are stretched thin at times and can use help. If you tell me where you like to visit, maybe we can hook you up with a club that needs a hand.
    KD8PAV

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade II View Post
    Everything in the area that I know of is north of M61 off of Lame Duck, Mosquito Alley and the pipeline. The lake is just West of I-75. Odds are none of it is mapped, at least not any maps made since 92'. There use to be more area East of I75 that went around a retention basin too. That was a wild trail the last time I took it.....just 20 years ago.
    Maybe Jeramey has something in his records he could share with us. I'll contact him.
    KD8PAV