OK, so I picked up a new (to me) chainsaw for the Jeep. Yes I consider a chainsaw a Jeep accessory.

I know very little about these things. I was able to start it up, cut some branches, then shut it off! I cleaned it up best I could, picked up a spare chain for it, got a socket and ratchet dedicated to the saw so I could replace the chain if needed. I picked up a thing of bar and chain lube, and some 2 stroke oil.

Question is, what should I bring with it on a scouting trip? If I fill it up with both gas and bar oil will it operate for a long time??? Or should I bring that stuff with me? Would it work for like 2 hours or only 20 minutes???

Also, how loose or tight should the chain be? Right now, I tightened it only enough so that when I pull on the chain, about 1/2 of the lower guide part of the chain stays in the "bar". This means I pull as hard as I could on the chain and it did not lift entirely out of the guides....?

Air filters. I can't find an air filter anywhere. It almost looks like a K&N type that might be washable and oilable. Is this so? Or do they have to be replaced???

Its a McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 14" chainsaw my brother-in-law found for 20 bucks.

When I was little, I saw my dad cutting with his bigger chainsaw and he taught me some major do's and don'ts, anyone have anything in particular they found out from using 'em?

Thanks,

Lucas