Thread: things for your

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

Default things for your

Guys I am kinda new to this sport. been riding a quad for sometime I Just have my stock truck and wondering what type of things should I have in my truck for a days wheeling Aventure. I have a tow strap tools but what other things can I be bringing along ? Besides my cooler full of snacks & pop and a fun filled day. thanks for the help Jeff.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Greenway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What kind of truck? Where will you be going? Does the tow strap have metal hooks on the ends?

First aid kit. Water. Axe or hatchet often comes in handy. Water. Air source to air up tires. Water. Tire iron and spare tire. Water. Flashlight or two. Water. Spare batteries for flashlights and anything else that uses them (like GPS). Water. Good walking shoes or boots in case you need to walk out (sandels / flipflops that many people wear don't cut it if you have to walk any distance over uneven ground). Water.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

JerryD

"Water" you trying to say, Oz? I mean, spill it... don't give it to us in drips and drops.

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt

JerryD

Okay, I'll try and actually be helpful...

Gary makes a good point. Every trip can have unique challenges just like every rig. A good place to start is on the home page. Go to the information link. From there the right side has a link to the safety form. Take a look at that FOR STARTERS. Then see where you stand.

HTH,
    Jerry

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

Default thanks everyone

thanks Guys for the info on what to have when wheeling. I am running a stock ford pick up looking into getting it more trail worthy. Did have a fun time at the mounds but having stock tires just wasn't the best. I think for the time being I better sticking to the two tracks. Seeing how I am down to one step bar Can't wait to get to meet some of the club members and go for a ride talk to you all soon Jeff.

Alot of it depends on weather / experence ect

In my Rig right now
    1 Gal h20
    2 x Rain suits
    Trash bags
    Tow strap
    Shackles
    Tools
    Jumper cables
    Ham Radio
    Boots
    Co2 tank