Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Color Adventure Tour Sept. 23-25

Default Cancelled: Canadian Color Adventure Tour Sept. 23-25

Sorry, but this is cancelled from lack of interest! Maybe next year!

Canadian Color Adventure Tour

When: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday September 23, 24, & 25th 2011

Where: 30 minutes north of Sault Ste Marie, ONT Canada. We will leave from the Blueberry Hill Motel & Campground (website HERE).

What: A 3 day and 2 night (camping on the trail- permit required HERE for only 18 and over) Adventure Tour through the Canadian wilderness.

Who: Anyone with a mildly built 4x4 vehicle of any make in good mechanical condition. GLFWDA Membership not required!

We will be assembling in the parking lot of Blueberry Hill Campground at 9am on Friday September 23rd and leaving at 9:30am for a two night adventure into the Canadian wilderness. This is a beautiful, rugged, and remote area of Ontario. Colors should be fantastic and the views of the stars miles away from city lights will be breathtaking! Our route will take us from the tops of mountains to the rivers all the way to Lake Superior over 2 1/2 days of trail riding. We will camp right on the trail, so bring your camping gear!

What to know: We will be traveling in a very remote area of Canada which means services and supplies are not around the corner. It is HIGHLY suggested that you prepare your vehicle and yourself for at least a 4 day trip in case of any unforeseen emergency or breakdowns. You must provide your own food and water for the trip, we won't be passing any McDonalds! Extra gas is mandatory, we will top off after we leave the campground on the first day and will not see another gas station for another 2 days. Prepare for any and all weather conditions. If something doesn't work on your vehicle, fix it before the trip and bring spares! To make the trip more enjoyable to everyone, the normal GLFWDA Safety Certification form will be used to ensure all vehicles are properly equipped for the trails. Also, nobody will be left behind!!

Reservations can be made at Blueberry Hill Motel & Campground for Thursday night and for Sunday night if you wish. The owner has given our group permission to park trailers/vehicles in her lot for the duration of our trip without cost.

Camping permits are required for back country camping in Canada. These permits can be purchased at The Trading Post just north of Sault Ste. Marie, ONT on 17 as you head toward Blueberry Hill Motel & Campground. They are open 7 days a week 6am-midnight. These permits cost about $15/night per person for Americans 18 and over, kids stay free!

Don't forget about Passports, Enhanced Drivers Licenses, or Birth Certificates for the littler ones.

This trip is being organized by the GLFWDA Trail Ride Committee and GLFWDA members!
    Last edited by lgottler; September 9th, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

Camping is per person AND per night. Can get pretty expensive.
    See this page at bottom for more info.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business...02_170045.html

Next question, GLFWDA membership required?

jim-kb8ymf

GLFWDA membership is not required.

My pics

so is this just a "show up and go" or are you taking names?

I intended to have the post have that "who's coming, who's not" thing at the top, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

So, I suppose post if your planning on going and ask any questions you have!

I'm almost done prepping the Jeep. Just tonight I started removing the bearing caps from the engine, which is in my garage. I finally found my birth certificate, so I know I'm born and what my actual name was supposed to be, now to go get a passport card thing....

Lucas

My pics

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

I'm in
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

Im planning on coming but its not a sure thing yet.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Hey guys,
    We are definately interested. Are kids (11 & 13) welcome? (They are accustomed to this type of camping/trail riding) Not sure if we'd take them, just planning ahead.

Also, any idea of types of trails you plan to run?
    Last edited by Scott; August 11th, 2011 at 08:59 PM.

It will be family friendly and the trails suggested were able to be traveled by a stock 4x4.
    Oz
    KD8NFX