Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I stole an M416...

Default I stole an M416...

Just picked it yesterday on my way to work. It's in very good condition. Surface rust here and there, but not holes anywhere. It pulls really nice, but those NDT tires scream going down the road. I have some stock JK wheels with some ATs just like the ones on my teardrop that I can bolt on. I just need to swap hubs (if that's possible with the stock axle). I don't even know what bolt patter the stock hubs are. Anyone know?
    Last edited by oz97tj; July 11th, 2011 at 03:33 AM.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

M416 Tech Manual attached
    TM 9-2330-251-14&P.pdf
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Oooooooh. Thanks Bob. That could be handy!
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Damn, nice job! I've been looking for one for years. Can't find anything descent for under $500.

They are pricey. I've wanted one for a while but couldn't justify the price. For 225 though I couldn't pass it up.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Quote Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post

Just picked it yesterday on my way to work. It's in very good condition. Surface rust here and there, but not holes anywhere. It pulls really nice, but those NDT tires scream going down the road. I have some stock JK wheels with some ATs just like the ones on my teardrop that I can bolt on. I just need to swap hubs (if that's possible with the stock axle). I don't even know what bolt patter the stock hubs are. Anyone know?
    That trailer has a CJ wheel bolt pattern. JK wheels won't bolt on unless you change the axle. Looks like the parking brake is still there, and you would lose it if you change the axle. I have found that feature to be VERY useful.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
    That trailer has a CJ wheel bolt pattern. JK wheels won't bolt on unless you change the axle. Looks like the parking brake is still there, and you would lose it if you change the axle. I have found that feature to be VERY useful.
    Ive decided ill be keeping the stock wheels. They are just cool and I think JK wheels wouldn't look right. Parking brake is kind of cool too.

Ill be tearing it down sometime in the near furrier is clean all up and ill be removing the welded on ball hitch, making a bolt on receiver for my hitches, and maybe making some bolt on attachment to make carrying longer items easier.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Kixx007's Avatar

I bet Shawn hates you right now. He's been wanting one on the cheap for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
    Ive decided ill be keeping the stock wheels. They are just cool and I think JK wheels wouldn't look right. Parking brake is kind of cool too.

Ill be tearing it down sometime in the near furrier is clean all up and ill be removing the welded on ball hitch, making a bolt on receiver for my hitches, and maybe making some bolt on attachment to make carrying longer items easier.
    If you have been wanting one for off road, the lunettes clunk and stuff, but they stay attached and allow the trailer to pivot around the lunette when greased properly. If you convert to a ball hitch, it will pop off after a certain angle. My ball hitch is connected to a pivot, and it still pops off at extreme angles. I wish I had a lunette. That said, I have used it on the trails around West Branch and it has not popped loose.

I plan on a similar setup to this eventually.

I loved mine. I put wheel adapters on it so I could use the same tires/wheels as my old YJ. I put a cj tailgate on it and an m416 cover. I took all my camping stuff and firewood to Silver Lake with that little trailer. Have fun with it.

Henry