Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The U.P. ORV Assn.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The U.P. ORV Assn.

Clubs from all around the UP are joining together to form an Association of Upper Peninsula ORV enthusiasts dedicated to improving the ORV System in the UP. GLFWDA has the honor of being selected as one of two temporary Directors at Large. GLFWDA will hold this position until the first official BoD elections are held.

Congratulations GLFWDA!
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is an awesome opportunity.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excellent!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Glad to hear this is coming together.

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

This is a great chance to get a world class trail/route system!!
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

Mi-TRALE is an organization that has been working for quite awhile on the trails of the U.P. While mostly dirt bikes, ATVs, and side by sides they do recognize the Jeep and 4x4 truck crowd.

http://www.mi-trale.org/

"Mi-TRALE attended town board meetings and DNR meetings in an effort to bring a scramble area to the western U.P. While we are a long way from seeing this happen, it is our organization that has already invested a lot of hours into seeing a scramble area developed in the western U.P. A scramble area would bring hundreds of thousands of dollars in tourism revenue to the western U.P. Mi-TRALE continues to work on this MAJOR project. Mi-TRALE received the unanimous support for a scramble area from the Carp Lake Town Board, Ontonagon County Economic Development Corporation, and Ontonagon County Planning Commission. The scramble area would show our organization’s mission statement in being an organization for the 4×4, Jeep, and off-highway motorcycle riders."

Blog Entries

Skip Shultz, President of MiTRALE, is also serving as temporary President of this Association too. He's actually the driving force behind the movement to organize the U.P. into an Association. There are also a number of SORVA groups up there too. I believe they are all members of the new Assn as well.
    Pat Brower

So the plan is to be a separate organization eventually? I just don't see the point. I think a group dedicated to the UP could be good, but a separate group seems a bit counterproductive seeing as both willbe dealing with the same govt. officials.

I guess I don't understand.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Blog Entries

Seperate from whom?
    Pat Brower

Seperate from GLFWDA.

I'm glad there are clubs up there forming a group, however, I'm not sure a seperate from GLFWDA group is needed or would be as good. Ultimately, the DNR is the same people that GLFWDA already has contacts with. It just seems having two different groups for the DNR to deal with could be counterproductive.

I understand most everyone involved currently from GLFWDA is from lower Michigan, so I also see a need for an group up there, but think we could accomplish more if we work together. The original post makes me believe it's a temporary thing to get off their feet and then they'll become seperate.

Just looking for clarification.
    Oz
    KD8NFX