Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The U.P. ORV Assn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    While it has taken us (GLFWDA) a very long time to figure out how to get things done on behalf of OHV Recreatioal Opportunities, we have found that groups like this go along ways in serving our combined goals as we work through many of the details prior to meeting with the policy makers in order to have a unified front to achieve our goals. Without groups like this, the DNR and NFS are the only ones to benefit as has been proven for far to many years in the past. The OHV Community is making a differance as we find more and more State Representatives that are willing to sit down with us and discuss possibilities.

Would we like to hold them all to the letter of the law as it is already written...ABSOLUTELY! But in that, that hasn't worked for our recreational opportunities, it is necessary to foster a path to see our recreational opportunies grow or sit on the sidelines and complain because they won't do what they promised in the '70's, the '80's, the '90's etc.

We are not where we want to be and will continue to adapt as combined user groups to achieve recreational opportunies for all OHV's.

You running for office Bob?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Bob,
    You mentioned in your response that you found that groups like this go along ways in serving your combined goals as you work through many of the details PRIOR to meeting with the policy makers in order to have a unified front to achieve goals. I think that's a GREAT idea and you guys should go with it.

Please tell me that this new group wont be operated anything like Dicks MMRC or Michigan Motorized Recreation Council?
    Last edited by Rocky; July 4th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Bob,
    You mentioned in your response that you found that groups like this go along ways in serving your combined goals as you work through many of the details PRIOR to meeting with the policy makers in order to have a unified front to achieve goals. I think that's a GREAT idea and you guys should go with it.

Please tell me that this new group wont be operated anything like Dicks MMRC or Michigan Motorized Recreation Council?
    Bill, we all have our own agendas, we have just found they are better served when we work collaboratively prior to meeting with the policy makers. The biggest difference that has come forth recently is a joint presentation and support of opportunities in lieu of being as lopsided as it once was. When it comes down to it, we all really want pretty much the same thing...jointly holding the policy makerís feet to the fire has been helping all of us. Are we where we want to be, not yet!
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

I agree that bringing all interested parties to round table discussions PRIOR to meeting with the policy makers [ regardless of your own personal agenda ] is far more beneficial than walking in barefoot and not knowing whats on each others mind.

However, the MMRC had a ''closed door policy'' to anyone that did not agree with the Chairmans Agenda.

Im just saying that I hope this new Association of various ORV disciplines, does NOT operate in this manner--thats all.

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I agree that bringing all interested parties to round table discussions PRIOR to meeting with the policy makers [ regardless of your own personal agenda ] is far more beneficial than walking in barefoot and not knowing whats on each others mind.

However, the MMRC had a ''closed door policy'' to anyone that did not agree with the Chairmans Agenda.

Im just saying that I hope this new Association of various ORV disciplines, does NOT operate in this manner--thats all.
    Ah yes, I had forgotten about the closed door policy (amazing how time allows the memory to fade). I like you, trust we can all work collaboratively together to further all of our agendas without exclusions.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html