Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: St. Helen Summer Kickoff Event May 21, 2011. DNRE & State Reps in attendance?

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Kixx007's Avatar

I emailed Paige, to have her let the people taking over her former duties know that we'd be in the area this weekend doing maintenance. I guess will see if she says anything about it.

I made a call to the St. Helen Chamber of Commerce this morning to get event information. The pig roast begins at 11:00 a.m. The ORV parade will go through town and then to the rock crawl area. Two State Representatives will be there to judge the cook off which is at 2:00. When I asked about the DNR officials being there she wasn't sure. Most of her info was about the parade, radio station DJ, and the food. I called St. Helen Powersports, but they are closed on Wednesday.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Kixx007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I made a call to the St. Helen Chamber of Commerce this morning to get event information. The pig roast begins at 11:00 a.m. The ORV parade will go through town and then to the rock crawl area. Two State Representatives will be there to judge the cook off which is at 2:00. When I asked about the DNR officials being there she wasn't sure. Most of her info was about the parade, radio station DJ, and the food. I called St. Helen Powersports, but they are closed on Wednesday.
    Interesting.

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately I am not going to make it
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Default Fun times at the 1st St. Helen Summer Kickoff event and ORV parade.

My brother and I made it to St. Helen just in time to join in the ORV parade through town. The turn out was larger than the organizers originally planned on. After the parade we went to the scramble area for some fun in the rocks and then over to the sand hills. Didn't see any DNR officials there, it was just a fun day to help promote the town as an ORV destination. We met some great people with jeeps and spent the day hanging out with them. After the rock crawl we headed over to the sand hills where we found someone who got his TJ stuck in the water. He swamped it when his snorkel malfunctioned and had water half way up his seats, in his gas tank and oil pan too. Steve, who we met that day, pulled him out and then helped with getting his Jeep running again. Afterwards we spent some time playing on the sand hills, then we wandered the trails in the area until the evening. I can see the Summer Kickoff event growing larger for next year.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...00002000477145

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...50202442503960

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....42833959&saved

I'm glad it turned out good. It would be wise to contact the chamber of commerce and let them know that with prior notification that we could have rallied a large group of full sizers.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

I'll make a call and let them know. Excited kids were yelling "Monster Trucks!" when two of the full size trucks, Dirty Deeds and Republican passed by.