Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which locker opinions please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; Feb 1 2006, 02&#58;12 PM) [snapback]9435[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; Feb 1 2006, 12&#58;52 PM) [snapback]9433[/snapback]
    Yo Pat,

What do you know about putting a locker in the front of my H2? :bigemo_harabe_net-110:
    [/b]
    Eaton e-locker if its availible for you&#39;re application. I know there is no lockers availible for the IFS in 1/2tons, S-series, and Colorado/Canyons.........but there have been options for the 3/4ton. I&#39;m just not sure about the newer ones, I thought Chevy has switched from the Corparate axle to AAM.
    [/b][/quote]

I know ARB makes a locker for the front; but I am a shade tree mechanic (heavy on the shade).
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Welding rod&#33; :thumb-up:
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Bob, I found this.............http://www.hummerxclub.com/tech/eaton.html

I actually like the Eaton Elocker better than an ARB, but thats just my opinion.

I also read a little on a Hummer forum and some guys where advising not to put a locker in the front or to use it sparingly as its easy to break CV shafts with one. Just something to think about.

Putting one in the front isn&#39;t nearly as easy as doing your rear axle, thats for sure(I do know you have one in the rear, just using an example)

Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; Feb 1 2006, 03&#58;01 PM) [snapback]9439[/snapback]</div>
    Bob, I found this.............http://www.hummerxclub.com/tech/eaton.html

I actually like the Eaton Elocker better than an ARB, but thats just my opinion.

I also read a little on a Hummer forum and some guys where advising not to put a locker in the front or to use it sparingly as its easy to break CV shafts with one. Just something to think about.

Putting one in the front isn&#39;t nearly as easy as doing your rear axle, thats for sure(I do know you have one in the rear, just using an example)
    [/b]
    Time for me to do a little more research. Ganz (his Screenname here) works on the H2 at the Milford Proving Grounds and we have talked a number of times about the concept.

Limited usage is exactly my intention. It would be one of those things in my arsenal; when I need it, I got it.

As for the half shafts - I carry one spare plus a few other parts that have proven to be troublesome over time. No matter the vehicle, if you&#39;re gonna wheel, you&#39;re gonna break something sooner or later.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA

I can get either locker for your H2, I would recomend the E-locker as well&#33;

I would check into what Mike read about breaking CV shafts before doing it though.

Labor for installing either locker would run around &#036;400
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Senior Member Business Member
    GLFWDA Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(square eyed rio &#064; Jan 31 2006, 12&#58;54 PM) [snapback]9346[/snapback]</div>
    a ez locker for about 233.28 + shipping if any (DTS)
    [/b]
    I would recommend a Lock-Right over an EZ Locker any day. The Lock-Right is a better unit and is only marginally more expensive
    Jeeperz Creeperz, Inc.
    1627 Eureka Rd
    Wyandotte, MI 48192
    734-281-8141
    www.jeeperz-creeperz.com

Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeeperz&#045;Creeperz &#064; Feb 1 2006, 06&#58;08 PM) [snapback]9449[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(square eyed rio &#064; Jan 31 2006, 12&#58;54 PM) [snapback]9346[/snapback]
    a ez locker for about 233.28 + shipping if any (DTS)
    [/b]
    I would recommend a Lock-Right over an EZ Locker any day. The Lock-Right is a better unit and is only marginally more expensive
    [/b][/quote]

Since I have pirated Square Eyed Reo&#39;s thread; are you recommending the Lock-Right for both of us?
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA

Senior Member Business Member
    GLFWDA Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; Feb 2 2006, 05&#58;22 AM) [snapback]9480[/snapback]</div>
    Since I have pirated Square Eyed Reo&#39;s thread; are you recommending the Lock-Right for both of us?
    [/b]
    If you&#39;re thrifty

Jeeperz Creeperz, Inc.
    1627 Eureka Rd
    Wyandotte, MI 48192
    734-281-8141
    www.jeeperz-creeperz.com

Shakr

The more I delv into this the more I hear the lock rights are the loudest when "popping" and the aussie&#39;s are the quietest with a bunch of yea&#39;s for the ez locker .

I really like what I&#39;ve heard about the aussie.

Jarhead ..I&#39;ll share just remember when I need a tow I&#39;ll expect to see a hummer pulling me out.

Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(square eyed rio &#064; Feb 2 2006, 07&#58;33 PM) [snapback]9544[/snapback]</div>
    Jarhead ..I&#39;ll share just remember when I need a tow I&#39;ll expect to see a hummer pulling me out.
    [/b]
    DEAL&#33; :thumb-up:
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA